Korean skincare brands have always been at the forefront of innovation when it comes to their formulas. From their cult-favorite sheet masks to their beloved BB creams, they always seem to be ahead of the curve in terms of what works for your skin.
So it should be no surprise that when it comes to body lotions, Korean beauty brands have some of the best on the market, just like their skincare products for your face!
I’m a big fan of body moisturizers, so I purchased and tested several Korean body lotions and compiled this list of five of the best Korean body lotions that are sure to keep your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Best Korean Body Lotions
The one characteristic that all five of the following Korean body lotions share is that they don’t feel heavy, greasy, or sticky on the skin.
Who wants to feel that heavy, weighed-down sensation after getting out of the shower when your skin is clean? Not me.
So whether it’s a anti-aging, moisturizing, firming, or soothing lotion you’re looking for, here’s the list of the best Korean body lotions to try if you want to nourish the skin on your body:
1. Mizon Niacinamide Smoothing Body Lotion
Mizon Niacinamide Smoothing Body Lotion contains 10% niacinamide (100,000 ppm niacinamide), to fade hyperpigmentation and brighten your skin.
Niacinamide is an excellent multi-tasker that also balances sebum production, supports a healthy skin barrier, and smoothes lines and wrinkles.
But the lotion doesn’t stop there.
It also contains 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a vitamin C derivative that brightens the skin, and lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that helps to exfoliate the skin, remove dead skin cells, and smooth skin texture.
Mizon Niacinamide Smoothing Body Lotion is the Korean body lotion that sparked my interest in Korean body care products.
I absolutely love niacinamide products for my face due to their multiple benefits, so finding a body lotion with niacinamide made it a must-have for me.
This lotion is light and non-greasy. It’s ideal for dull, dry skin in need of brightening.
This is my favorite Korean body lotion!
Its silky texture absorbs quickly and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. And the pump bottle makes application a breeze.
It’s fragrance-free and does not contain artificial coloring, mineral oil, silicone, or parabens.
2. Klairs Supple Preparation All-Over Lotion
Klairs Supple Preparation All-Over Lotion is a dry skin savior with its lightweight but nourishing formula.
The lotion is enriched with antioxidants like shea butter, a natural emollient that helps keep skin moisturized and soft, Scutellaria baicalensis (Skullcap) root extract, an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial plant extract, and Daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, a natural source of beta-carotene.
The lotion also contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides to keep skin hydrated while maintaining its protective barrier.
The amino acid arginine is a natural moisturizing factor (NMF) that helps the skin retain moisture.
Klairs All-Over lotion has a gel-like consistency that absorbs quickly, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
The lotion is also filled with soothing actives like Portulaca oleracea extract, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, beta-glucan, and Centella asiatica extract, a healing ingredient traditionally used in Chinese medicine.
Klairs Supple Preparation All-Over Lotion is a great option for dry, irritated skin.
It’s not too rich and won’t leave your skin feeling greasy.
3. Benton Shea Butter & Coconut Body Lotion
Benton Shea Butter & Coconut Body Lotion is formulated with shea butter, coconut oil, and a 5-hyaluronic acid complex to deeply moisturize dry skin.
Shea butter is an antioxidant-rich ingredient that helps to improve skin elasticity and hydration. Coconut oil is also high in fatty acids, helping to create a protective barrier on the skin and lock in moisture.
The 5-hyaluronic acid complex contains different molecular sizes of hyaluronic acid that hydrate the skin at multiple levels for lasting hydration.
It has a mildly acidic pH, similar to healthy skin.
The Korean lotion is free of 20 unwanted ingredients, including volatile alcohol, PEGs, and silicones.
When I think of a shea butter and coconut oil body product, I expect it to be heavy on my skin, closer to a body butter.
But that’s not the case with Benton’s body lotion. It’s light and easily absorbed, leaving my skin soft, supple, and hydrated.
Benton notes that there is a light coconut scent, although I don’t really notice a scent.
The body lotion is ideal for dry, sensitive skin and can even be used by babies and children.
4. innisfree Green Tea Pure Body Lotion
Innisfree Green Tea Pure Body Lotion is formulated with Jeju green tea extract derived from innisfree’s “Beauty Green Tea,” a Korean green tea variety with a high amino acid content for hydration and moisture.
This green tea (pesticide-free) is grown on innisfree’s Jeju Island farm in South Korea and is rich in antioxidants that help protect skin from environmental damage.
Green tea has additional benefits for the skin, as it can even help with acne.
This lotion has the lightest texture and thinnest consistency of all the lotions in this post. It absorbs quickly and does not leave a greasy or sticky residue.
The lotion has a noticeable fresh added fragrance and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
5. Pyunkang Yul Intensive Ceramide Lotion
Pyunkang Yul Intensive Ceramide Lotion is formulated with ceramides and herbal ingredients to soothe, comfort, and hydrate sensitive and dry skin.
The lotion is filled with moisturizing active ingredients such as sunflower seed oil, olive oil, macadamia oil, and shea butter.
Five types of hyaluronic acid have different molecular weights, providing lasting hydration to different layers of the skin’s surface.
A bio-mimetic ceramide supports the skin’s protective barrier, prevents moisture loss, and helps restore the skin’s natural moisture balance.
Lonicera Japonica flower (honeysuckle) extract has anti-inflammatory properties and soothes irritated skin.
The lotion has a rich, creamy texture yet is lightweight and absorbs quickly without leaving you feeling greasy or sticky.
Before You Buy A Korean Body Lotion
There are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a Korean body lotion.
- Skin Type: Look for a lotion formulated for your skin type, whether it’s dry, oily, combination, or sensitive. If you have sensitive skin, you might consider avoiding lotions with fragrance or alcohol.
- Ingredients: Check the ingredients list and look for moisturizing ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, shea butter, or jojoba oil. Avoid lotions that contain ingredients that may irritate your skin, like parabens or sulfates.
- Texture: Choose a lotion with a texture that suits your needs. If you have dry skin, you may want a thick, creamy lotion that will provide intense moisture. A lighter, more watery lotion might be a better choice if you have oily skin.
- Absorption: Look for a lotion that absorbs quickly into your skin without leaving a greasy or sticky residue.
- Price/Budget: Consider your budget and look for a lotion that fits within your price range. Keep in mind that a more expensive lotion may contain higher-quality ingredients and offer more benefits for your skin.
Treating Dry Skin on Your Body
Dry skin on the body can be uncomfortable, and as a result, you may experience tight, itchy, flaky skin, but there are several steps you can take to treat it:
- Avoid Hot Water: Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, compromise your skin’s moisture barrier, and worsen dry skin. Use warm water instead of hot water when showering or bathing, and limit your shower time to 10-15 minutes.
- Ditch The Bar Soap: A commercial bar soap can contribute to dry skin, especially if it contains harsh detergents or fragrances. Bar soap can strip the skin of natural oils, leaving it dry and irritated. Instead, switch to a gentle liquid body wash specifically formulated for dry or sensitive skin.
- Be Gentle On Your Skin: Avoid rubbing your skin vigorously with a washcloth or loofah, as this can further irritate and dry out the skin. Instead, use a soft cloth or your hands to gently cleanse your skin to remove dirt, oil, and other impurities.
- Moisturize Your Skin: Apply a moisturizing lotion or cream, like one of the Korean body lotions in this post, immediately after showering or bathing when your skin is still damp to help seal in moisture. Choose a product with ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, or glycerin, which help to lock in moisture.
- Wear Breathable Fabrics: Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes made of synthetic fabrics, which can irritate dry skin. Instead, opt for loose-fitting clothing made of breathable fabrics like cotton.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to help hydrate your skin from the inside out.
- Humidify Your Home: Dry indoor air can aggravate dry skin. Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air in your home, especially during the winter months when indoor heating can dry out the air.
The Bottom Line
While most of our attention is often paid to the skin on our faces, the skin on the rest of our body needs some TLC too! That’s why including a good quality body lotion in our skincare routine is essential.
These Korean body lotions are ideal for moisturizing the skin on your body since they are formulated with effective ingredients that hydrate, protect, heal, and nourish your skin.
The best Korean body lotion for your skin type will depend on your skin’s needs.
Whichever one you choose, you’ll be sure to get the best of what Korean skincare offers! So go ahead and treat your body to some luxurious hydration. I know I am!
Thanks for reading, and until next time…here’s to your good skin health!