Korean skincare products are often praised for their high quality and effectiveness, so it’s no surprise that their serums are among the best on the market when it comes to addressing dry skin.
If you have dry skin, then you know how important it is to keep that moisture locked in. That’s where the right serum comes in!
The best Korean serums for dry skin are all about moisture, and they deliver long-term hydration and skin repair to give you a healthy, radiant complexion.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
6 Best Korean Serums For Dry Skin
I tested several Korean serums during the cold weather months to ensure they were up to the task of hydrating dry skin.
Not all soothed my dehydrated, flaky skin, but I found a few that provided the results I was looking for: hydrated, soft, and smooth skin.
Here are some of the best Korean serums for dry skin:
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum is a lightweight hydrating serum that contains a blend of organic complexes, including hyaluronic acid, Centella asiatica extract, and beta-glucan that work together to deeply moisturize and calm irritated dry skin.
Patented ingredient Phyto-Oligo combines Althaea rosea root extract and Aloe barbadensis leaf extract. It contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes that moisturize and soothe your skin.
This Korean face serum has a quick-absorbing non-sticky texture that leaves your skin soft, smooth, and nourished.
Additional active ingredients include:
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum Key Ingedients
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of hyaluronic acid that helps moisturize and plump the skin.
- Betaine: A natural moisturizer that helps hydrate and soothe the skin.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: A medicinal herb extract with anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract: This skin-brightening extract has anti-inflammatory and skin-soothing properties.
- Arginine and Proline: These amino acids help strengthen the skin moisture barrier.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A stable form of vitamin C that helps to brighten and even out skin tone.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: A form of vitamin E that helps protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract: Also known as Skullcap root extract, this antioxidant, and antibacterial extract soothes and brightens the skin.
- Panthenol: A form of vitamin B5 that helps hydrate and soothe the skin.
- Beta-Glucan: A natural polysaccharide that helps soothe and calm the skin.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Aloe extract is a natural ingredient used to moisturize, protect, and soothe the skin.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract: Also known as purslane extract, this plant extract is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that help soothe and calm the skin.
This face serum also contains several vegetable and plant extracts. Several essential oils give it a light herbal scent.
TIP: If you have very dry skin and are looking for additional hydration and moisture, you can pair this Klairs serum with other products from Klairs’ Rich Moist Soothing line, including the best-selling Rich Moist Soothing Cream that improves your skin barrier function.
COSRX The Hyaluronic Acid 3% Serum
COSRX The Hyaluronic Acid 3% Serum contains a high 3% concentration of hyaluronic acid (HA) in the form of sodium hyaluronate, the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid that is easily absorbed by the skin.
Hyaluronic acid helps to draw moisture into the skin, providing hydration and improving the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
HA quenches dry skin types and those with flaky, dehydrated skin. It also plumps skin and improves skin elasticity.
An Amino Acid Complex of natural moisturizing factors moisturizes the skin and strengthens the skin barrier to protect against dryness.
The serum has a lightweight but non-sticky texture, absorbs quickly, and is easily incorporated into your skincare routine.
TIP: Apply these Korean dry skin serums to damp skin since damp skin attracts and holds hydrating ingredients more effectively.
COSRX The Hyaluronic Acid 3% Serum Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: This common skin-replenishing ingredient helps keep skin hydrated and soft.
- Sodium Hyaluronate (3%): This form of hyaluronic acid hydrates, and attracts and holds moisture in the skin.
- Betaine: Derived from the sugar beet, betaine is an active ingredient that balances water in cells in the skin.
- Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, PCA: Moisturizers and humectants that help to keep skin feeling hydrated and plump.
- Serine, Alanine, Glycine, Arginine, Threonine, and Proline: Amino acids which hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- Ceramide NP: A lipid found in the upper layer of the skin that supports a healthy skin barrier and helps keep skin resilient, strong, and healthy.
- Cholesterol: A natural lipid that moisturizes the skin.
- Phytosphingosine: A lipid found in the skin on its own and as part of ceramides that has antimicrobial benefits.
- Lactic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it smoother and softer.
innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum
Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum with hyaluronic acid is a best-selling Korean serum that hydrates your skin for up to 24 hours.
The lightweight watery gel serum contains 5 types of hyaluronic acid for deep hydration and different levels of the skin.
The result is soft, smooth, and hydrated skin.
The serum also contains green tea, a key ingredient that provides antioxidant benefits and helps protect your skin from environmental damage.
Innisfree’s green tea is sourced from a USDA-organic farm on South Korea’s Jeju Island.
Innisfree calls it Beauty Green Tea, and it was chosen from over 3,000 green tea varieties. It contains 16 hydrating amino acids, and the variety is known for skin moisture.
Users of this serum saw a 7X hydration boost immediately after use and an improved moisture barrier by 92% after 30 minutes.
But the serum doesn’t stop there. It also contains several other skin-loving active ingredients and extracts.
Check out this LONG list of actives:
Innisfree Hydrating Serum with Green Tea Seed Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a humectant ingredient that locks moisture into the skin and helps restore its natural protective barrier.
- Trehalose: A natural sugar that helps bind moisture to the skin and fortify its outermost layers.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps to reduce redness and improve skin texture.
- Betaine: Betaine is a natural humectant that helps the skin retain moisture and protect it from environmental aggressors.
- Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: These plant-based extracts are rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, which help soothe and nourish dry skin.
- Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate: This is a probiotic that helps to support the skin’s microbiome.
- Squalane: Squalane is a lightweight, non-comedogenic oil that helps repair the skin’s moisture barrier and reduce transepidermal water loss.
- Panthenol: This active ingredient is a pro-vitamin of B5, which helps to nourish the skin and restore its suppleness.
- Allantoin: Allantoin is a healing ingredient derived from the comfrey plant that helps soothe dry and irritated skin.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate: This is an anti-inflammatory ingredient derived from licorice root that helps to reduce redness, calm the skin, and brighten dull complexions.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate: These five types of hyaluronic acid draw moisture into the skin, providing hydration at different layers of your skin, and improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid: A stabilized form of vitamin C that helps brighten your complexion and even out your skin tone.
- Lactic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that exfoliates the skin, removes dead skin cells, and promotes cell turnover for a brighter complexion.
- Epigallocatechin Gallate: An antioxidant derived from green tea extract that helps protect the skin from environmental damage.
This Korean skincare product is non-comedogenic, so it won’t cause acne or breakouts. Please note that the serum contains an added green tea fragrance.
COSRX Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Serum
Perfect for tired, dehydrated, and dry skin, COSRX Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Serum provides intense hydration in a lightweight serum.
This Korean hyaluronic acid serum contains three types of hyaluronic acid: a low molecular weight hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, a medium molecular weight hyaluronic acid, and high molecular weight sodium hyaluronate (the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid).
These actives hydrate at different levels of the skin for extended hydration, leaving skin pillowy soft and plump. The serum provides an immediate plumping effect to quench dry, flaky skin.
This Triple Hyaluronic Acid formula forms an invisible barrier on your skin to moisturize and hydrate your complexion and improve skin elasticity.
While some hyaluronic acid serums can be thick and leave your skin sticky or tacky, this COSRX serum is very lightweight, sinks in quickly, and is comfortable on the skin. It’s also suitable for sensitive skin.
COSRX Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Serum Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A gentle and effective humectant that helps to retain moisture in the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, and Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Three types of hyaluronic acid (HA) that provide long-lasting hydration and plumpness to the skin.
- Panthenol: A form of Vitamin B5 that helps to soothe skin and restore its moisture.
- Gluconolactone: A polyhydroxy acid (PHA) that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while strengthening your skin’s moisture barrier.
- Lactobionic Acid: Another PHA that very gently exfoliates dead skin cells and supports a healthy skin barrier.
COSRX Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule
COSRX Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule is a lightweight serum that delivers rich, healing hydration for glowing skin.
Ideal for dry, dull, red, and irritated skin, the serum not only hydrates the skin but also reduces redness and soothes the skin.
The star ingredient in this ampoule is 83.5% propolis extract, which is known as a natural soother due to its high vitamin and mineral content. It is also rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental aggressors.
What Is An Ampoule?
An ampoule is a single-dose concentrate of active ingredients designed to deliver powerful and targeted results. Ampoules are usually applied after a toner and before a moisturizer and have a similar consistency to a serum. So think of an ampoule as a concentrated serum.
COSRX Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule is very lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving no residue behind. It can also be used morning and evening for maximum results.
The addition of hyaluronic acid helps to boost hydration and plumpness by acting like a sponge that absorbs moisture for long-lasting hydration.
The serum contains only 11 ingredients, minimizing the chances of irritation.
COSRX Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule Key Ingredients
- Propolis Extract: Propolis is a resin-like ingredient made by bees with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Propolis contains natural antioxidants and vitamins, which help protect your skin from environmental damage.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is an effective skin humectant, meaning it acts like a sponge and draws water from the environment into your skin.
- Betaine: Betaine balances hydration in the skin for moist and supple skin.
- Cassia Obtusifolia Seed Extract: This plant extract is an antioxidant, hydrates the skin, and offers anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: This salt form of hyaluronic acid absorbs deeply into the skin and helps keep your skin hydrated and plump.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B5, panthenol helps to retain moisture and keep skin soft and hydrated.
- Arginine: Arginine is an amino acid that helps to reduce inflammation and improve your skin’s barrier.
Mizon Hyaluronic Acid 100 Serum
Mizon Hyaluronic Acid 100 Serum contains a concentrated dose of hyaluronic acid along with a ceramide and raspberry extract to strengthen your skin barrier and lock in moisture.
This Korean hyaluronic acid serum is loaded with replenishing ingredients that deeply hydrate your skin.
This serum is excellent for those with dry skin, as it hydrates and nourishes skin without leaving it feeling greasy or heavy.
Its lightweight, non-sticky formula absorbs quickly into the skin for a smooth, plump complexion.
Mizon Hyaluronic Acid 100 Serum Key Ingredients:
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A powerful moisturizer, this salt form of hyaluronic acid has a lower molecular weight than HA and is able to penetrate deep into the skin for lasting hydration.
- Copper Tripeptide-1: A peptide complex with collagen-boosting properties, this ingredient helps fight fine lines and wrinkles while restoring elasticity.
- Cholesterol: A natural lipid that helps restore and maintain the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Ceramide 3: Also known as Ceramide NP, this lipid promotes moisture retention and helps reduce transepidermal water loss in the skin.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract: Commonly used in Korean traditional medicine, this plant extract is rich in vitamins and minerals and has skin-protective antioxidant benefits.
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract: Also known as Skullcap root extract, this natural extract has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties that protect, soothe and heal the skin.
- Astragalus Membranaceus Extract: This natural extract helps to reduce inflammation and soothe the skin.
- Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract: Rich in antioxidants, raspberry extract helps to fight free radicals and promotes a healthy complexion.
- Beta-Glucan: This polysaccharide helps strengthen the skin barrier, calm the skin, and promote a more radiant complexion.
- Adenosine: A compound found naturally in our bodies, adenosine is an anti-inflammatory that helps with wound healing and protects the skin barrier.
The serum also contains plant extracts with antioxidant properties that help protect your skin from environmental damage and pollution.
The Best Korean Serums For Dry Skin: The Bottom Line
Korean beauty brands have made a mark for themselves when it comes to hydrating products, and these Korean serums for dry skin will plump, smooth, and hydrate your complexion.
Whether you choose to incorporate one of these serums into a multi-step Korean skincare routine or use it as a stand alone treatment, it is sure to give your skin the hydration it needs.
The best Korean serum for dry skin will be the serum that addresses your dry skin type and skin concerns while offering maximum hydration.
(My current favorite is COSRX The Hyaluronic Acid 3% Serum, thanks to its lightweight, non-sticky hydration.)
TIP: The serum you pick should also have a comfortable texture and feel and work with your other skincare and makeup products. Because if you don’t like using the serum, it will eventually just collect dust on your shelf.
Read more about the best Korean skin care products:
Thanks for reading, and until next time, here’s to your good skin health!