Korean skincare brand Some By Mi offers multiple products in their AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream line designed to give your skin a healthy glow while gently exfoliating and resurfacing your skin.
The products are formulated with alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, and polyhydroxy acids to work wonders on your skin in just 30 days.
I’ve used and loved Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner (see my review here), so I couldn’t wait to try Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle cream.
I’ve been using this cream for 30 days and have some thoughts on the product performance, which I’ll discuss in this Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream review.
This Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream review post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream
Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream is a lightweight moisturizing gel-cream formulated to transform your skin in just 30 days.
It contains an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), and polyhydroxy acid (PHA) to improve skin cell turnover and sweep away dead skin cells while clearing away sebum (oil) which can clog pores and cause breakouts and acne.
Let’s look at what AHAs, BHAs, and PHAs can do for your skin:
AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids)
Alpha hydroxy acids are exfoliating acids derived from natural sources like fruit and milk sugars.
They work by gently dissolving the “glue” that holds dead skin cells together on the surface of your skin, allowing the skin cells to be sloughed off gradually.
This can improve the appearance of skin texture, wrinkles and fine lines, and pores.
Common AHAs used in skincare include glycolic acid, lactic acid, mandelic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid, and citric acid.
BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acids)
Beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) are oil-soluble, which means they can penetrate deep into pores to clear out sebum and dead skin cells.
BHAs, which are ideal for oily and acne prone skin types, are also anti-inflammatory, which can help calm and soothe skin while helping to clear blackheads, whiteheads, and acne.
The most common beta hydroxy acid is salicylic acid.
PHA (Polyhydroxy Acids)
Polyhydroxy acids (PHAs) are exfoliating acids derived from plant sources.
They are similar to AHAs and BHAs in that they work by gently dissolving the “glue” that holds dead skin cells together, but they are less irritating and offer moisturizing benefits.
They can also help to improve the appearance of skin texture and pores.
The most common PHAs are lactobionic acid, gluconolactone, and galactosen.
For more on AHA, BHA, and PHA exfoliating acids, be sure to check out my post: AHA vs BHA vs PHA: What’s The Difference?
This AHA BHA PHA cream is LOADED with skin-loving ingredients:
Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream Key Ingredients
Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract (70.78%): Centella Asiatica is an herbal extract with multiple skin benefits.
It is an anti-inflammatory and a rich source of antioxidants, which help to protect the skin from oxidative stress and damage. It is also known to help improve skin elasticity, firmness, and hydration.
This cream contains 4 Cica-Care (madecassic acid, asiaticoside and asiatic acid), which are all components of Centella Asiatica.
Centella has wound healing and anti-inflammatory benefits. The very high 70.78% concentration makes this moisturizer very soothing and healing.
Other notable active ingredients include:
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a popular humectant that helps draw moisture from the environment into the skin, which helps to hydrate and soften the skin.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that has multiple benefits for the skin. It helps to brighten skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and pores, and improve skin elasticity. Niacinamide is well-suited for those with oily and acne-prone skin for its sebum-balancing properties.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract (10,000Ppm): Tea tree extract is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is an excellent choice for those with acne-prone skin, as it helps to clear away bacteria that can cause breakouts. This moisturizing cream contains 1% tea tree extract for improved skin clarity.
- Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract: This natural ingredient is full of antioxidants and protects your skin from sun damage. Neem extract also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce acne and skin irritation. It also has antimicrobial benefits for the skin.
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Flower Extract: Aloe vera is a soothing and moisturizing extract that can help to calm and protect the skin.
- Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract: Turmeric is a brightening and anti-inflammatory ingredient that can help to improve the appearance of skin discolorations. It can also regulate oil (sebum) production in the skin.
- Calendula Officinalis (Pot Marigold) Flower Extract: Calendula extract is a soothing and anti-inflammatory extract that can help calm irritated skin. It also has antioxidant benefits that offer protection against environmental stress.
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract: Green tea extract is a rich source of antioxidants, which scavenge harmful free radicals, preventing them from damaging cells. This leaves the skin looking smoother, younger, and healthier. Green tea has also been shown to be an effective acne treatment, thanks to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract: Willow bark extract contains salicylates, natural compounds similar to salicylic acid. Willow bark is an anti-inflammatory and has antiseptic and astringent benefits for the skin.
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract: Witch hazel extract is a natural astringent that helps to tighten and tone the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties.
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract: Houttuynia cordata extract is used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat various skin conditions. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help soothe and protect the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Sodium hyaluronate is a form of hyaluronic acid, a natural moisturizing factor (NMF) and naturally occurring substance in the body that helps retain moisture and plump the skin.
- Betaine: Betaine is an amino acid derived from sugar beets that helps balance the moisture in the skin, as it has humectant properties.
- Allantoin: Allantoin is a compound that comes from the comfrey plant and is a soothing, anti-inflammatory agent that also helps promote cell regeneration.
- Adenosine: Adenosine is a naturally occurring compound in our body that has soothing effects on the skin, supports a healthy skin barrier, and may even help improve firmness, skin elasticity, and the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines since it supports collagen production.
- Ceramide NP: Ceramide NP is a natural lipid molecule that helps keep the skin barrier function healthy by regulating moisture levels and preventing transepidermal water loss.
- Oleanolic Acid: Oleanolic acid is a plant-derived compound with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties.
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (100Ppm): Capryloyl salicylic acid is a derivative of salicylic acid and a gentle BHA that helps to exfoliate the skin, dissolve sebum, and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Lactobionic Acid (100Ppm): Lactobionic acid is a gentle polyhydroxy acid (PHA) that helps to exfoliate the skin while offering moisturizing benefits.
- Citric Acid (11Ppm): Citric acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid and natural fruit acid that helps to brighten and gently exfoliate the skin.
In addition to these actives, the cream contains many flower and plant extracts.
The moisturizer also contains Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract and Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil (the least concentrated ingredient).
Before using, be sure to patch test, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream Review
Since I’ve had such great results with Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner, I had high hopes for this moisturizing cream. Spoiler: I am happy to say that I was not disappointed.
Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream has a pale green lightweight gel-cream texture and a light minty tea tree scent. It feels weightless and cooling on the skin and absorbs easily.
The AHA, BHA, and PHA ingredients are not too harsh on my skin, so I can use the cream every day without any irritation.
The high concentration of Centella asiatica extract was a big draw for me since it has wonderful soothing and calming properties.
I didn’t see dramatic results from this cream, but I noticed over the past few weeks that while using this cream, my skin has been experiencing fewer breakouts.
I’m not sure that it is a miracle cream, but it works really well for my combination skin.
In this YouTube from retailer StyleKorean, you can see quite a transformation after using the cream for one month:
If you have combination, oily, or acne-prone skin, this would be a great cream to try for its anti-inflammatory and gentle exfoliating benefits.
Considering the number of active ingredients in the cream, I’m very surprised that it’s so affordably priced. It’s less expensive than some drugstore creams that contain a quarter of the beneficial actives for your skin.
If you prefer a thick, rich cream, this may not be the moisturizer for you since it has a light gel-cream texture.
The cream may not be hydrating enough if you have dry skin.
Since it contains so many actives and plant extracts, it has the potential to irritate sensitive skin.
I’m not sure it is a miracle cream as the name suggests, but it is a well-formulated soothing and balancing gel-cream that would suit combination, oily and acne-prone skin types.
How To Use Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream
In your morning and evening skincare routine, after cleansing, toning, and any serums or treatments, apply Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream to your face, neck, and upper chest area.
Since this Korean moisturizer contains AHA, BHA, and PHA ingredients, be sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher in your morning skincare routine.
For daily sun protection, it’s important to apply sunscreen every day.
An Alternative to Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream
If you are looking for a similar soothing Korean gel-cream moisturizer for combination, oily and acne-prone skin, consider iUNIK Centella Calming Gel Cream.
The cream is formulated with 72% Centella leaf water, 10% tea tree leaf water, niacinamide, adenosine, and several plant extracts to clarify, brighten and smooth the skin.
More posts on the best Korean skincare:
Final Thoughts on Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream
Overall, I was quite pleased with the Some By Mi AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream.
I think it’s a great option for anyone looking for an affordable, effective moisturizing gel cream for excess sebum production and acne. It soothed and calmed my skin and minimized breakouts.
Plus, you can’t beat the low price and the ingredient list that is chock full of skin-beneficial ingredients.
Thanks for reading, and until next time, here’s to your good skin health!