Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum has a very interesting name which has you wondering if this serum could be as good as a professional skincare procedure that involves needles – yes, Botox, I’m talking to you!
I’ve heard good things about the serum, so I decided to purchase it to see how it performed. I wasn’t expecting miracles or for it to perform like a cosmetic procedure involving needles (even Drmtlgy notes that it isn’t a facelift in a bottle), but I was curious to see if the serum could earn a regular spot in my anti-aging skincare routine.
I will detail my experience and results in this Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum review.
This Drmtlgy review post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Shop Drmtlgy with 20% OFF Your Order!
Use Code: SKINENTHUSIAST20
You can SHOP HERE!
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum Review
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum is Drmtlgy’s best-selling product. This serum uses Drmtlgy’s proprietary Cerapep Technology, which combines peptides and ceramides to target the look of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, mouth, and forehead while improving skin hydration.
The serum strengthens the skin’s natural moisture barrier while helping the skin look more plump and smooth with a reduction in the appearance of pores.
This Drmtlgy serum is non-comedogenic, which means that it won’t clog pores. (Clogged pores can lead to acne and breakouts.) This peptide serum is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
Drmtlgy notes that you can use this serum with any other skincare product or regimen, which is a big plus. It can get complicated when using multiple products in one routine, so it’s great to know that you can add this serum into your skincare routine without having to remove another product due to conflicts.
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum Key Ingredients
I review skincare ingredient lists all the time. I have to admit, this is an impressive ingredient list. It contains several (19!) actives and very few filler ingredients. This list of actives is in order of highest to lowest concentration:
- Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate: A sugar molecule, that, like hyaluronic acid, draws water to the surface of the skin for improved moisture.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A form of hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate increases skin moisture levels and plumps the skin, helping to smooth the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract: A plant extract that is rich in antioxidants and has soothing benefits for the skin.
- Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/Stem Extract: Antioxidant rich plant extract that calms the skin.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1: A peptide that is a fragment of type I collagen and targets the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When this peptide is combined with Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, the duo is called Matrixyl 3000 and helps to reduce wrinkle density and skin roughess and improve elasticity.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: When combined with Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, the peptide duo reduces the signs of aging such as deep wrinkles, loss of elasticity and uneven skin tone.
- Ceramide EOP: Also known as Ceramide 1, this waxy lipid hydrates the skin and replenishes the skin barrier.
- Glucosamine HCL: An amino sugar that moisturizes and soothes the skin.
- Glycosaminoglycans: Water-binding polysaccharide molecules that support the regeneration of proteins like collagen and elastin, as well as hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- Ceramide NP: A lipid that moisturizes skin with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5: A peptide that firms and tightens the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines. It also reduces facial redness.
- Ceramide AP: Also called Ceramide 3, this lipid improves skin barrier function and helps protect against transepidermal water loss.
- Phytosphingosine: A lipid found in skin cells that supports the skin barrier and has antimicrobial benefits which can be helpful with acne.
- Cholesterol: Found naturally in the skin, this lipid (fat) maintains the skin’s moisture barrier and has emollient benefits for the skin.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a anti-inflammatory skin lightening agent that reduces redness, strengthens the skin barrier, and stimulates collagen production for a firmer complexion with improved elasticity. It also brightens the skin, which can help with hyperpigmentation and dark spots. A favorite of those with acne prone and oily skin, niacinamide also regulates sebum production and can improve acne.
- Methylglucoside Phosphate: When paired with Copper Lysinate/Prolinate (see below), the duo is trademarked as Neodermyl. This active is supposed to be an energy source for aging cells and is said to boost collagen AND elastin production and reduce wrinkle depth.
- Copper Lysinate/Prolinate: An amino acid mineral complex that is part of the trademarked active Neodermyl. As noted above, this is a newer anti-aging active that has great potential to reduce multiple signs of aging.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B5, panthenol soothes and moisturizes the skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: A stable form of vitamin E and a potent antioxidant that also reduces redness and soothes irritated skin.
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum Review
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum is unlike any other serum I’ve tried before. This serum has a unique peptide blend that works with your natural collagen production, boosting hydration levels while reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and forehead.
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum has a very elegant texture and feels like a high-end face serum that is twice its price. The serum itself is very lightweight, so it doesn’t feel greasy at all on the skin. Instead, it absorbs quickly into my pores, leaving me with soft supple-looking skin without any noticeable residue left behind.
After using this serum in the evening, I wake up with a noticeably refined skin texture similar to how my skin responds to retinol. The difference is that I experience no acne breakouts, irritation, redness, dryness, or peeling from this serum.
My fine lines have started to soften, and my skin looks plumper. This is the only product besides retinoids that has given me such immediate and noticeable smoothing of my combination skin. My pores appear smaller too.
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum is my favorite anti-aging serum that I’ve tried this year. That is saying a lot since I am constantly testing new products, but the results are very noticeable for me without any unwanted side effects.
What Skin Type is Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum Good For?
I think this serum will appeal to most skin types. It contains sodium hyaluronate and sugar molecules to moisturize, which will appeal to dry skin types. Combination, oily and acne-prone skin types will appreciate the lightweight, non-greasy texture and sebum balancing, and anti-inflammatory niacinamide.
Aging and mature skin will benefit from Cerapep Technology to target the signs of aging. If you’re struggling with fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth, eyes, or forehead, then this Drmtlgy product could be a good option for you.
If you have sensitive skin and want anti-aging benefits from your skincare product without the typical harsh side effects of other actives like retinol or exfoliating acids like glycolic acid, lactic acid, or salicylic acid, this also could be an excellent option for you.
How To Use Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum
The serum should be applied after cleansing and toning your skin and can be used twice a day. Directions indicate that you should apply 4 to 5 drops onto your fingers, smooth over your face, and avoid getting it too close to your eyes.
The instructions suggest applying the serum to slightly damp skin, which can help with absorption and performance.
Be sure to allow it to absorb before applying additional products. Follow with a moisturizer and a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher in your morning skincare regimen to protect your skin from sun damage and for a healthy skin barrier.
For my review of Drmtlgy’s Physical Tinted Moisturizer SPF 44, please see this post.
How Much Does Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum Cost?
Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum is relatively affordable compared to other luxury facial serums on the market and is priced at $69.
Drmtlgy focuses on skincare products that are both effective and good for your skin. In developing their medical-grade skincare products, they use evidence-based research to formulate their products. They use a high concentration of active ingredients in delivery systems that allow the products to penetrate effectively.
Drmtlgy also prices their high-end products affordably by selling directly to consumers and cutting out the middle man. Drmtlgy products are made in an FDA-regulated facility in Southern California, US.
Is Drmtlgy Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Drmtlgy is cruelty-free and states that its products are manufactured and developed by methods that do not involve experimentation on animals.
Final Thoughts: Drmtlgy Review
So is Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum an over-the-counter alternative to Botox? Though this “needleless serum” does not contain any botulinum toxin and doesn’t provide as drastic results as Botox, it is an anti-aging serum that contains several potent active ingredients, and I’ve seen great results with it.
If you’re looking for an alternative way to fight aging skin without having injections by a dermatologist or surgery done on your face, then Drmtlgy Needle Less Serum might be a good option for you.
After trying this anti aging serum, I am very interested in trying Drmtly’s other products, like Drmtlgy Microdermabrasion Scrub and Drmtlgy Vitamin C E +F vitamin C serum which looks like a great dupe for Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Acid serum.
You can purchase Drmtlgy Needle-Less Serum here on Drtmtlgy’s website.
Thanks for reading, and until next time… here’s to your good skin health!