Bliss is an award-winning skincare brand that’s been around since the 90s. They use only the finest ingredients and have products to suit all skin types. An extension of the famous New York City spa by the same name, Bliss’s products are affordably priced and formulated to address many different skin concerns effectively. This Bliss skincare review will share my experience with a cleanser, peels, serums, and a moisturizer.
Although Bliss is well known for its lovely spa-powered body care products, all of the products I tried in this Bliss skincare review are for the face:
This Bliss skincare review post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Bliss Skincare Review
Bliss Makeup Melt Rose Makeup Cleanser is a dry/wet jelly cleanser that can be used as a face cleanser and eye makeup remover. It has a milky jelly texture and is enriched with rose flower extract. It removes makeup without irritating the skin or eyes, making it ideal for those with irritated or sensitive skin.
Bliss Makeup Melt Rose Makeup Cleanser Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A humectant that helps to draw moisture into the skin.
- Rose Flower Extract: An astringent with calming benefits.
- Hydrating Blend with Xylitol: These vegetable-derived moisturizers help limit water loss in the skin.
- Pro-Vitamin B5: This anti-inflammatory vitamin, also known as panthenol, improves skin moisture and supports a healthy skin barrier.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant to help protect the skin from environmental damage and oxidative stress.
- Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract: Chamomile extract has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant benefits.
- Allantoin: A skin-soothing agent that encourages healing of damaged or irritated skin tissue.
- Oat Amino Acids: Gentle, soothing surfactants derived from oat protein.
My skin doesn’t feel dry or stripped after using this, just lightly moisturized. I love the easy-to-use pump bottle. This is the perfect 1st cleanse in a two-step double cleanse. I also like using this as my only cleanse in the AM.
This is a very gentle cleanser on my skin. It makes quick work of my makeup and easily removes eye makeup without irritating my eyes. Granted, I don’t wear heavy makeup, and I’ve read some reviews that say it doesn’t completely remove all eye makeup, so an oil-based cleanser or cleansing balm may be a better option for hard-to-remove makeup.
Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel Pads are single-step no-rinse glycolic peel pads formulated with 10% glycolic acid. These peel pads target fine lines, skin texture, and uneven skin tone to reveal brighter and smoother skin.
Glycolic acid is the smallest of all alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and exfoliates the skin. It can penetrate deeper into the skin than AHAs like lactic acid, making it more effective but, unfortunately, also more irritating.
Each peel pad is wrapped in its own single-use packet, making it great for travel or throwing in your overnight bag. This is a leave-on treatment, so apply after cleansing and toning your skin.
Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel Pads Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A moisturizing ingredient that supports a healthy skin barrier.
- Glycolic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid that reduces excess dead skin cell build-up and enhances skin tone and texture, leaving skin soft and smooth. Glycolic acid also improves collagen synthesis for firmer skin and a reduction in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant helps protect skin from environmental aggressors as it calms and soothes the skin.
- Licorice Root Extract: An anti-inflammatory that has brightening properties that can help with hyperpigmentation.
- Calendula Flower Extract: A calming, moisturizing, and soothing plant extract that reduces redness and irritation in the skin.
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water: A plant-based water with astringent, antibacterial, and calming properties.
I have sensitive skin, so my face reacts with irritation and redness to glycolic acid peels, but this was very gentle on my skin. After sweeping the pad across my face, there is a slight tingling sensation that subsides within seconds. It dries quickly and doesn’t leave my skin sticky or greasy.
Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel Pads did a great job sloughing off dead skin cells to reveal brighter, smoother skin. The 10% concentration works effectively to refine my skin texture and tone and clarify my combination skin. When I wake in the morning after using it at night, my skin is brighter, my pores look more refined, and my skin is soft and smooth.
The pads have a good amount of serum on them, so only one pad is needed per use. Each peel pad is a decent size, so you might even be able to cut one in half to make this product last twice as long. It’s a great alternative to pricey AHA/BHA peel pads like Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel.
Related Post: AHA vs BHA vs PHA: What’s The Difference?
Bliss Jelly Glow Gentle Exfoliator Peel is a gentle peeling exfoliator that uses plant-based fibers to roll away dirt, oil, dead skin cells, and dry skin. The jelly texture hydrates and nourishes the skin. It doesn’t contain any harsh beads that can irritate the skin, so you can use this peel if you have sensitive or dry skin.
Bliss Jelly Glow Gentle Exfoliator Peel Key Ingredients
- Pineapple & Papaya Enzymes: Gentle and non-abrasive exfoliants that help loosen dead skin cells for easy removal.
- Cellulose: Plant-based fibers that ball up when they interact with the oil on the surface of your skin. The tiny particles form soft clumps and attract dead skin cells, acting like micro-lint rollers.
- Coconut Fruit Extract & Pro-Vitamin B5: Help moisturize, hydrate the skin and support a healthy skin barrier.
- Niacinamide: A multi-benefits active that helps to brighten the skin, even out skin tone, increase ceramide production for a strong skin barrier, and smooth the look of wrinkles and fine lines. It even helps to balance sebum (oil) production in the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate acts like a sponge and draws moisture to the skin.
This peel acts like a face scrub, as it is not a leave-on product. It was very gentle on my skin and maybe too gentle. It didn’t really feel like it did anything.
The cellulose fibers balled up and got a little messy after massaging them into my skin. After rinsing, my skin felt hydrated and soft, but I didn’t feel like I got much exfoliation from it. I preferred the Incredi-Peel pads discussed above to this product.
This Bliss serum set contains:
- Bliss Spa Wonders Serum Set contains four Bliss serums at 0.5 oz each to address various skin concerns. From Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid to niacinamide and glycolic acid, each serum is formulated to hydrate and brighten the skin for a healthy-looking complexion.
- Bliss Glow & Hydrate Niacinamide + Hyaluronic Acid Day Serum: This niacinamide and hyaluronic acid serum is all about brightening and smoothing with all-star active and antioxidant niacinamide. This vegan serum also contains licorice root extract for additional brightening and sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid) for hydration and plumping.
- Bliss Renew & Smooth Glycolic + Polyhydroxy Acid Night Serum: This nightly resurfacing serum is formulated with glycolic acid, an AHA that exfoliates the skin and smooths fine lines and wrinkles. Gluconolactone is a polyhydroxy acid (PHA) that gently removes dead skin cells and smoothes the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Bliss Drench & Quench 4 Hyaluronic Acids + Amino Acids All-Day Moisture Serum: Ideal for dehydrated and dry skin, this vegan serum combines Bliss’s highest concentration of four hyaluronic acids (sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, and sodium acetylated hyaluronate) plus amino acids like arginine, serine, alanine, glycine, threonine, proline for multi-level hydration and moisture.
- Bliss Bright Idea Vitamin C + Tri-Peptide Collagen Protecting & Brightening Serum: This vegan vitamin C serum contains 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a stable and penetrating vitamin C derivative, and a tri-peptide to reduce the look of dark spots and discoloration and visibly firm the skin. Licorice root extract provides extra brightening and soothing, while squalane is a lightweight hydrator.
Glow & Hydrate Niacinamide + Hyaluronic Acid Day Serum is gently hydrating and balancing. I love niacinamide since it targets the signs of aging while hydrating the skin. It works well under makeup and also helps control oil production throughout the day—an excellent choice for oily skin.
Renew & Smooth Glycolic + Polyhydroxy Acid Night Serum didn’t seem like it contained a very high concentration of glycolic acid since my skin usually stings and tingles even at lower glycolic acid concentrations, so this could be a good choice if you want gentle exfoliation.
Drench & Quench 4 Hyaluronic Acids + Amino Acids All-Day Moisture Serum felt super hydrating with its gentle ingredients. It’s very versatile and can be mixed with any other serums in this set for additional hydration.
Bright Idea Vitamin C + Tri-Peptide Collagen Protecting & Brightening Serum is a great choice for a day serum since it protects against UV damage. It’s very gentle and non-irritating. I love that it also contains palmitoyl tripeptide-5, which is supposed to improve collagen production and skin firmness.
What a great way to sample Bliss’s serums. You get a total of 2 oz of serums for a very reasonable price, which is an excellent value. I think this serum sampler pack would be a great gift for a teenager or someone in their 20’s looking to protect their skin or address the first signs of aging.
Please note that there is added fragrance in these serums.
Bliss Ex-Glow-Sion Super Rich Moisturizer is formulated with stabilized Vitamin C to moisturize and brighten dull and dry skin. This vitamin C moisturizer contains mica which creates an iridescent sheen for a natural-looking glow.
Bliss Ex-Glow-Sion Moisturizer Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A humectant that improves skin hydration.
- African Shea Butter: Shea butter deeply moisturizes to reduce dryness and flakiness.
- Squalane: A plant sugar-derived moisturizer that balances the skin and delivers lightweight moisture.
- Aquaxyl: A unique vegetable-derived hydrating blend that increases natural moisturizing factors in the skin and strengthens the skin barrier.
- Pro-Vitamin B5: Also called panthenol, this vitamin binds to moisture and helps hydrate skin.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is a vitamin C derivative and antioxidant that supports collagen production and reduces fine lines and wrinkles while stimulating the production of new skin cells and brightening dull-looking skin.
- Rosemary, Lavender Flower, and Green Tea Leaf Extracts: Antioxidants that reduce free radical damage and premature aging.
- Purified Micro Algae: Filled with natural antioxidants that improve skin hydration and help the skin retain moisture.
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract: Cucumber extract moisturizes, soothes, and minimizes irritation.
This velvety cream has a rich but lightweight texture that sinks in quickly and provides an immediate glow, thanks to the mica in the formula. Under makeup, it provides a pretty glow that isn’t too noticeable.
It also offers some protection from UV damage with its stabilized vitamin C. I often prefer stabilized vitamin C derivatives since they provide many of the same effects as pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid) but without the irritation or oxidation that occurs when exposed to air, light, and heat.
Bliss Ex-Glow-Sion Moisturizer is the ideal moisturizer for all skin types, including sensitive skin, especially since it contains rosemary and cucumber extracts which help soothe the skin and minimize irritation.
Related Post: Pixi Skincare Review
One of the originators of the modern spa experience, Bliss was founded in 1996 in New York City’s Soho district. Bliss believes that skin care is self-care and offers affordable skincare products with the newest ingredients and skincare innovations.
Bliss is a clean skincare brand that formulates its products to be free from over 1,300 harmful substances so that they are safe for your face and body. Some of the ingredients that Bliss does not use in their products are parabens, SLS/SLES, added phthalates, formaldehyde, triclosan, petrolatum, talc, hydroquinone, and plastic micro-beads.
Is Bliss Skincare Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
Bliss Skincare is cruelty-free. They state on their website that they are PETA-certified and never test their products or ingredients on animals.
Bliss is committed to making 100% of its facial care products vegan in 2021. Currently, 90% of Bliss products are vegan.
Final Thoughts on Bliss Skincare
I would recommend Bliss skincare products if you are looking for affordable skincare products made with effective actives. They are high-quality, vegan spa-grade skincare products formulated with your skin’s health in mind.
The best part is they’re affordable, so you don’t have to break the bank to treat your skin and yourself. They’re made with natural ingredients that soothe and hydrate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth all day long.
My favorite Bliss product that I tried? Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel Pads for an effective exfoliation. They brighten, smooth, and clarify my skin and are available at drugstore prices.
Thanks for reading, and until next time, here’s to your good skin health!