Crepey skin gets its name from crepe paper, the wrinkly textured paper you may remember from childhood arts and crafts projects. Crepey skin is characteristic of thin, fragile, wrinkled skin that may also appear loose and sagging. Lines and wrinkles often come along with crepey skin, and you may also experience dullness and skin that lacks radiance.
Luckily, there are some fantastic body lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs that improve the appearance of wrinkly crepe paper-like skin. They are formulated to hydrate, moisturize, improve texture, and soothe crepey skin. Let’s look at the best lotions for crepey skin on your arms and legs.
This post on the best body lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
The 16 Best Body Lotions for Crepey Skin on Arms and Legs
While each of these body lotions has its own benefits, the first four are my favorite lotions for crepey skin on your arms and legs (at a few different price points):
1. Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment is formulated especially for dry, crepey skin. The treatment targets the visible signs of aging and works to firm and smooth the skin. It supports natural elastin production with its proprietary TruFirm Complex and 9 super hydrators.
Crepe Erase is my luxury pick for the best lotion for crepey skin on arms and legs.
Crepe Erase’s TruFirm Complex contains a blend of essential phytonutrients, including apple, dill, and sage extracts, which are all naturally derived. Apple extract helps protect the skin’s structure, dill oil supports natural elastin production, and phytoactive ursolic acid from Moroccan sage targets the visible signs of aging and UV damage.
The result is firmer, smoother, and healthier skin. It delivers 48 hours of hydration, and its formula is dermatologist tested and safe for sensitive skin.
Crepe Erase Key Ingredients
- Coconut Oil: Reduces water loss and targets dryness
- Cocoa Butter: Supports elasticity and seals in moisture
- Vitamin E: Protects the skin from environmental aggressors, including pollution and UV rays, preventing free radical damage
- Grapeseed Oil: Contains antioxidant properties and is non-comedogenic, and is lightweight, absorbing quickly into the skin
- Olive Oil: Antioxidant properties protect from the premature signs of aging
- Squalane: Reduces the signs of aging and protects the skin
- Glyceride Trio: Smoothes and moisturizes the skin
The Original Citrus scent is bright and uplifting but not heavy or overpowering. Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment also comes in a fragrance-free version.
Your best bet with this product is to ignore the claims that it is a magic bullet for crepey skin and appreciate the fact that it is an effective hydrating and anti-aging moisturizer for your body.
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment Ultra
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment Ultra is the latest release in the Crepe Erase family of skin-firming body products. The cream supports collagen and elastin production to reduce the look of crepey skin.
This crepey skin cream contains the same main active ingredients found in Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment, including their TruFirm complex.
But instead of 9 hydrators like Advanced Body Repair, the Ultra version contains 12 super hydrators PLUS the dual peptides Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. This pair of peptides is better known as Matrixyl 3000.
Matrixyl 3000 is a popular anti-wrinkle peptide that is believed to stimulate collagen production and has been shown to reduce wrinkle depth and skin roughness while improving skin elasticity and tone.
The Ultra cream has a lightweight and whipped feel, just like Advanced Body Repair Treatment, and comes in both Unscented and Citrus scents.
I purchased the Ultra cream as part of the Crepe Erase Ultra Body Smoothing Trio from Ulta (available as of September 2022).
The set contains:
- 3.3 oz. Advanced Body Repair Treatment Ultra (Fragrance-Free)
- 3.3 oz. Crepe Erase Body Smoothing Pre-Treatment (Fragrance-Free)
- 0.5 oz. Crepe Erase Lift & Smooth Neck Firming Treatment (Fragrance-Free)
- Zippered makeup bag
This Crepe Erase gift set a nice way to sample the products or give them as a gift.
Related Post: Crepe Erase Review
The lightweight formula enhances skin luminosity by moisturizing the skin, leaving it super soft and smooth. This is one of the best lotions for aging crepey skin.
StriVectin Crepe Control: Key Ingredients
- Jojoba Seed Extract: Contains vitamin E, vitamin B complex, and fatty acids.
- Turmeric Root Extract: Offers anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Butter Blend: This blend of shea murmuru and capuacu butters nourish and moisturize the skin leaving it ultra-smooth and soft.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: Also known as Matrixyl synthe’6, this peptide can help boost collagen and hyaluronic acid.
This crepey skin cream also contains caffeine, known for its antioxidant and microcirculation benefits, plus moisturizing shea butter and glycerin.
The cream is chock full of fruit and plant extracts, including apple, cranberry, sweet cherry, kiwi, pomegranate, blackberry, red algae, rosemary leaf, and sunflower extracts. These plant extracts are known for their emollient, soothing, moisturizing, and antioxidant benefits.
This cream for crepey skin can be used on the body twice a day. Since it is on the more expensive end of the price spectrum, you may want to concentrate the cream on specific areas of concern where crepiness is most prevalent.
It is formulated by Strivectin, a skincare brand with over 35 years of biomedical research that focuses on high-performance formulas for aging and changing skin.
Related Post: StriVectin Review
3. Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion
Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion is the perfect affordable skincare treatment for damaged, distressed and crepey skin. Combining science and nature, this lotion uses macadamia nut oil and Adamia’s skincare therapy complex.
Macadamia nut oil is very similar to human sebum. This allows it to mimic the skin’s natural oil-producing capabilities. The result is excellent absorption, hydration, and moisturization.
Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion: Key Ingredients
- Promega-7: A blend of pure macadamia oil (rich in nourishing and rare omega-7, a monounsaturated fatty acid) and other effective moisturizers.
- Alpha-Tocopherol: Also known as vitamin E, which is rich in natural antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental stressors.
- Linoleic Acid: Strengthens the skin barrier and reduces transepidermal water loss.
- Allantoin and Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Plant-derived ingredients that soothe and calm the skin.
- Phytosterols: Compounds that come from plant cell membranes help reduce itchiness, irritation, and redness.
This crepey skin lotion will provide soothing, hydrating relief if your skin is red, cracked, burning, or broken. It’s ideal for tissue paper skin and sensitive skin in need of repair and is ideal for aging skin in need of hydration and healing.
Once you start using this crepey skin lotion, you should see an improvement in skin tears. It absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue. I love the lightweight texture that leaves your skin silky smooth, thanks to the macadamia nut oil in the formula.
Suitable for full body use. Dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, and non-allergenic, this is an ideal moisturizer for skin damage.
4. InvisiCrepe Body Balm
InvisiCrepe Body Balm is a luxury skincare cream that targets the look of thin, wrinkly crepey skin.
It provides hydration, cell regeneration, and protein network support with the following:
InvisiCrepe Body Balm Key Ingredients
- A hydrating Multi-Fruit Complex and Lipid Compound hydrate the skin, help your skin retain water and strengthen the skin barrier.
- Lactococcus ferment lysate and oat bran extract support cell regeneration. Lactococcus ferment lysate, per the manufacturer, improves the speed of epidermal growth.
- Niacinamide and ribose help strengthen skin proteins like collagen and elastin. These proteins are part of the skin’s dermal matrix, which acts as the skin’s scaffolding.
This body balm is very lightweight and sinks in quickly, leaving your skin very soft and silky. It contains a light fragrance that does not linger. For more on this body balm for crepey skin, please see my Invisicrepe Body Balm review.
5. Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector Age Defense Lotion
Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector Age Defense Lotion targets crepey skin and firms and plumps dry and aging skin.
It’s a smoothing concentrate containing omega fatty acids, botanicals like ginger root extract and aloe vera, plus antioxidants to protect, nourish, and moisturize the skin for 24-hour hydration.
The crepey skin formula contains 7 moisturizers, like glycerin and jojoba esters, and 3 vitamins, including vitamin E, which provides photoprotection against damaging UVB rays.
It also contains Stress Response Proteins found in the Resurrection Plant (Selaginella Lepidophylla), a plant that can withstand harsh dry weather.
Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector Key Ingredients
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory benefits, is moisturizing, and offers healing properties.
- Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract: Rich in vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants and helps protect skin against UV damage.
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract: Rich in proteins, vitamins, and sugars, this fruit extract gently exfoliates and has brightening and antibacterial benefits.
- Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract: Offers antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and toning benefits.
- Bisabolol: An active ingredient that comes from chamomile. Bisabolol soothes and reduces inflammation.
- Ubiquinone: An antioxidant that can help smooth wrinkles.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B-5, panthenol soothes and moisturizes the skin, supporting a healthy skin barrier.
This fast-absorbing crepey skin cream is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and suitable for all skin types.
For more details on my experience with this product and other Gold Bond body products, please see my review of Gold Bond for Crepey Skin on arms and legs.
6. Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion
Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion is another budget-friendly option from Gold Bond to address crepey skin. But don’t let the affordable drugstore price fool you into thinking that it won’t perform. This lotion is effective.
Formulated especially for aging and mature skin, this lotion contains a blend of 7 moisturizers and 3 vitamins and vital proteins & lipids to restore the skin’s moisture.
This body lotion contains many of the same ingredients as Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector Age Defense Lotion*, including aloe vera, fruit extracts, panthenol, bisabolol, ubiquinone, and the following:
Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Lotion: Key Ingredients
- Antioxidants: Help protect from UV damage, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and protect from environmental stressors.
- Glycerin: Skin identical ingredient and moisturizer.
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A form of vitamin C that helps brighten the skin and support collagen formation.
- Skin Firming Complex: Helps enhance skin’s protective layer.
This Gold Bond lotion for crepey skin is dermatologist-tested, non-greasy, and lightweight. It is fragrance-free and provides up to 24 hours of moisture.
Perfect for aging and mature skin, it will strengthen, increase resilience, and improve the skin’s texture, all at a low drugstore price.
*Please note that Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion is 13 oz, while Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector Age Defense Lotion is 8 oz.
7. Medix 5.5 Retinol & Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment
Medix 5.5 Retinol & Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment, an anti-sagging treatment, contains retinol (a type of retinoid) and ferulic acid to hydrate and tighten sagging skin. It is formulated at a skin-balancing pH of 5.5, hence the 5.5 in the product name.
We’ve all heard how retinoids can improve the signs of aging on your face, including fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin texture. Retinoids can also help the skin on your arms and legs and the rest of your body. This is my pick for the best retinol body lotion for crepey skin.
Medix 5.5 Retinol & Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment: Key Ingredients
- Retinol: A derivative of vitamin A, retinol targets crepey and sun-damaged skin and supports skin elasticity, collagen production, and a strong skin barrier.
- Ferulic Acid: An antioxidant that brightens and evens skin tone, protects from free radical damage, and helps reduce the formation of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- Botanimoist AMS: A saccharide complex extracted from apples that increases hydration and moisture and improves skin texture.
This retinol cream also contains black tea, aloe vera, and chamomile, which are rich in vitamins C and E. These vitamins contain potent antioxidants that help improve the appearance of wrinkles and the signs of aging.
Although this product has a somewhat strong fragrance, it is non-greasy and particularly helpful for crepey arms and hands. It may even help with keratosis pilaris (trapped keratin in hair follicles under the skin).
This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and free of sulfates, formaldehyde releasers, PEGs, alcohol, dyes, and talc.
Related Post: Can You Use Niacinamide with Retinol?
8. Advanced Clinicals Hyaluronic Acid Instant Skin Hydrator
Advanced Clinicals Hyaluronic Acid Instant Skin Hydrator is an anti-aging face cream that comes in a spa-size bottle that you can also use all over the body on wrinkles, fine lines, and crepey skin. It is formulated to restore volume on saggy skin.
Advanced Clinicals Hyaluronic Acid Instant Skin Hydrator: Key Ingredients
- Hyaluronic Acid: An all-star hydrator. Hyaluronic acid can attract up to 1,000 times its weight in water! It plumps the skin and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Borage Oil: An anti-inflammatory that moisturizes and strengthens the skin barrier.
- Squalane: Provides anti-aging benefits such as minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, balances oil production, and mimics the lipids found in the skin without being greasy.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that protects from environmental aggressors and is an emollient that calms and replenishes the skin.
- Aloe Vera: Soothes the skin.
The convenient pump bottle makes the application of this two-in-one hydrating cream a breeze. You can moisturize your face and body at the same time. Paraben-free and made in the USA and not tested on animals.
Related Post: The Best Korean Moisturizers for Dry Skin
9. Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion
Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion is formulated with a whopping 12% alpha hydroxy acid at a pH level of 4.0.
It also contains glycolic acid, a derivative of sugarcane that supports collagen formation and sweeps away dead skin cells for brighter, smoother skin.
Glycolic acid is well-known for its effectiveness in facial skincare products, so this body lotion will also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your body.
Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion: Key Ingredients
- 12% Glycolic Acid: An alpha-hydroxy acid that exfoliates dead skin cells on a deep level. Skin appears brighter with better clarity and more even skin tone. It cleans out pores to reduce clogging and the formation of acne. The look of fine lines, wrinkles, and pores are minimized.
- Glycerin: A skin-identical ingredient that is a humectant, pulling water into the skin.
Although this body lotion is formulated for all skin types, those with sensitive skin should do a patch test to ensure that glycolic acid does not irritate your skin.
For daytime use, sunscreen is recommended on areas of skin that will be exposed to the sun, as alpha-hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Some users even see an improvement in keratosis pilaris, little bumps of trapped keratin in hair follicles under the skin that you often see on the cheeks, arms, or legs. That makes sense as the glycolic acid in this formula will exfoliate the skin to reveal brighter, more radiant skin.
This lotion is paraben and fragrance-free.
Related Post: Can You Use Salicylic Acid with Niacinamide?
10. Nivea Nourishing Skin Firming Body Lotion with Q10 and Vitamin C
For an easily accessible and affordable drugstore lotion to treat crepey skin, Nivea Nourishing Skin Firming Body Lotion with Q10 and Vitamin C is formulated for dry to very dry skin. In as little as 2 weeks, it helps firm skin and improve elasticity.
Nivea Nourishing Skin Firming Body Lotion: Key Ingredients
- Vitamin C: An all-star skincare ingredient for the face, vitamin C also works on the rest of the body to balance the delicate skin barrier. It is a potent antioxidant that will protect the skin from damage caused by UV rays and other environmental stressors.
- CoQ10: An antioxidant that supports collagen production and defends against free radical damage helping to minimize the look of the signs of aging.
This lotion for crepey skin is a good option if you want a lightweight moisturizer that sinks in quickly, hydrates the skin for up to 48 hours, and will not leave you feeling like an oil slick.
It will soften and firm skin, leaving it silky smooth. Just be consistent with daily use, and for best results, apply twice daily.
11. REN AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum
REN AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum is a departure from the traditional lotion or cream that treats crepey skin. This product comes in a serum form, which is lighter than a cream.
REN AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum: Key Ingredients
- Lactic Acid (AHA) from Yeast: Lactic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) and a chemical exfoliant. It sweeps away dead skin cells to help the skin’s natural renewal process. It’s a gentler AHA than glycolic acid as it doesn’t penetrate the skin as deeply due to its larger molecule size.
- Probiotic Extract: Helps strengthen the skin’s natural barrier to ward off irritation and other environmental aggressors, which can throw the skin’s acid mantle out of balance, accelerating the aging process and the development of crepey skin.
- Xylitol from Vegetable Bark: Promotes optimal water reserves for improved hydration.
This serum will exfoliate the skin to improve skin with a rough texture. The skin will be softer and smoother with improved moisture levels. It is lightweight, absorbs quickly, is non-greasy, and smells somewhat sweet.
Although this exfoliating body treatment is one of the more expensive on the list, it will brighten the skin, provide a natural glow, and improve hydration.
12. reShape Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
ReShape Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is formulated for crepey skin on your arms, legs, neck, face, hands, and body. It is formulated to increase hydration by up to 88% with its Aquaspheres.
It contains hyaluronic acid and soluble collagen to hydrate and moisturize dry, thin crepey skin and to help replenish the look of skin elasticity. It’s vegan, cruelty-free, and made in the USA.
This crepey skin cream comes in an easy-to-use pump container. It has a lightweight feel on the skin and absorbs quickly without any greasiness. As you can see from the list below, it is loaded with skin-loving ingredients.
reShape Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream: Key Ingredients
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract: Rich in proteins, sugar, and vitamins that moisturize and brighten the skin. It even provides a mild exfoliation.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter: Shea butter is a rich emollient with incredible moisturizing properties. It provides relief to dry, damaged skin. Nourishes and moisturizes the skin with antioxidants and Vitamins A, E, and F.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Aloe vera is a soothing and moisturizing botanical with anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties.
- Papaver Somniferum Seed Oil: Poppyseed oil contains vitamins, minerals, and moisturizing fatty acids. It also contains antioxidants that protect the skin from oxidative stress.
- Soluble Collagen: Its large molecule size helps it hold moisture in the skin. Topical collagen does not promote new collagen formation but is a moisturizing agent that prevents transepidermal water loss.
- Borago Officinalis Seed Oil: The richest plant-based source of gamma-linolenic acid, which helps to replenish and heal the skin, making it ideal for dry and sensitive skin types.
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil: A natural antioxidant with emollient properties, olive oil is rich in the fatty acid oleic acid, a nourishing and moisturizing fatty acid. An excellent moisturizer for dry skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of super-star hydrator hyaluronic acid. This ingredient binds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, thus making it an excellent moisturizer for dry skin.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract: Contains antioxidants to protect the skin and amino acids to moisturize the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract: Moisturizes and softens the skin.
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract: This antioxidant plant extract offers several benefits as it has astringent, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
- Tocopherol: This antioxidant is also known as vitamin E and offers free radical scavenger benefits. It is soothing and moisturizing and helps to protect our skin cells from damage.
This crepey skin moisturizer gets bonus points for the large, easy-to-use pump that makes dispensing the cream a breeze.
13. TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment
TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment is formulated for the face and body to improve skin cell turnover, collagen and elastin production, and the look of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin.
This rich cream encourages the natural exfoliation process in the skin with fruit acids and is perfect for dull, aging, and crepe papery skin.
It has a thick texture and almost feels like an ointment upon application. It’s cruelty-free, paraben-free, and non-GMO.
TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment: Key Ingredients
- Alpha Hydroxy Fruit Acids: Fruit acids are gentler than more potent alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid. They provide a mild exfoliation that helps to improve skin cell turnover and clear away dead skin cells. This helps to improve skin texture, smooth the look of wrinkles and fine lines, and reduce the look of dark spots.
- Cruelty-Free Honey: Honey is a wonderful humectant that is full of antioxidants. It has been used as an anti-aging skin care ingredient for thousands of years, both for its incredible moisturizing benefits and its antibacterial and healing properties.
- Shea Oil: Shea oil moisturizes and soothes dry skin.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is a thick oil rich in the fatty acid ricinoleic acid. It is a fantastic emollient that reduces transepidermal water loss.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil: Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a very thick oil that moisturizes and soothes the skin and helps to relieve acne.
- Olive Oil: An excellent moisturizer for dry skin filled with antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental stressors.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is loaded with saturated fatty acids that help hydrate and protect the skin. One such fatty acid, lauric acid, has shown to be antibacterial.
- Aloe Oil: Soothes and heals irritated skin.
- Sacha Inchi Nut Oil: A rich source of antioxidants and moisturizing fatty acids. The oil helps maintain skin elasticity.
- Vitamin E Oil: A potent antioxidant that helps reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apricot Oil: An antioxidant-rich plant oil that nourishes the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid, also known as HA or hyaluronan, is a chemical that occurs naturally in the body. It is a compound found in many body tissues, where it acts as a lubricant. HA has become popular in anti-aging skin care products for its ability to plump the skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Macadamia Nut Oil: A moisturizing plant oil that replenishes and softens the skin.
14. Derma E Crepey Skin Repair Treatment
Derma E Crepey Skin Repair Treatment is a replenishing cream that targets dry and crepey skin for firmer, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin.
The advanced formula is filled with impressive actives that target loss of firmness and skin elasticity, wrinkles, fine lines, dryness, and dehydration. It is formulated with Derma E’s Anti-Crepe Complex, which includes plum, cranberry, and apple extracts, plus wrinkle-fighting retinol and bakuchiol.
If you are a fan of lavender, you might just love this cream. It contains lavender oil, which gives it a beautiful light lavender scent reminiscent of a day at the spa.
For best results, Derma E recommends using their Crepey Skin Pre-Treatment Exfoliating Scrub prior to using this crepey skin treatment to remove dull, dead skin cells and help increase absorption and effectiveness.
Derma E Crepey Skin Repair Treatment: Key Ingredients
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter: A plant fat from the African Shea tree that is a natural emollient, skin softener, and moisture-binding agent. Shea butter is also rich in antioxidants that help to protect the skin from environmental aggressors.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter: Cocoa butter is a plant fat that is extracted from cocoa beans. It contains antioxidants and fatty acids that moisturize, protect, and heal the skin.
- Plum, Cranberry, and Apple Extracts: Part of Derma E’s Anti-Crepe Complex that supports collagen health and skin hydration.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): A fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Retinol: This vitamin A derivative increases cell turnover, improves skin tone, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Retinol is an all-star over-the-counter anti-ager.
- Caffeine: A stimulant that helps tighten and firm the skin.
- Bakuchiol: A plant-based retinol alternative that has been shown to be just as effective at reducing photoaging (i.e., wrinkles and fine lines) as retinoids yet is better tolerated.
- Panthenol: A provitamin of B5 that helps soothe and heal the skin.
- Allantoin: A botanical extract from the comfrey plant that calms irritation and helps repair the skin.
- Copper Peptides: Improve skin thickness and firmness.
- Resveratrol: An antioxidant that protects the skin from collagen-degrading free radicals.
15. InstaNatural Crepe Skin Firming Cream
InstaNatural Crepe Skin Firming Cream is formulated to lift and tighten wrinkles and saggy and loose skin all over the body, including the neck, chest, décolleté, hands, and legs.
InstaNatural Crepe Skin Firming Cream: Key Ingredients
- Glycolic Acid: An alpha-hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin at a deep level, boosting cell turnover and smoothing the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrates the skin and plumps the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen: Helps to plump wrinkles to lift and tighten the skin.
- Caffeine: Known for its tightening and energizing effects.
- Shea Butter: Nourishes and smooths the skin.
This cream can be used by all skin types, including dry, sensitive, and mature skin. Apply to clean, dry skin in upward motions until fully absorbed.
This product is free from parabens, SLS/SLES, mineral oil, formaldehyde releasers, synthetic dyes, petroleum, polyethylene glycol (PEGs), DEA/MEA/TEA, and unsafe preservatives. InstaNatural is Leaping Bunny Certified, which indicates that they don’t test their products on animals at any stage in product development.
For Crepey Skin On The Neck And Chest
16. Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream
If you are concerned about crepey skin on your neck and chest, Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream is formulated specifically for the delicate skin on the neck and chest.
It contains 7 moisturizers, 3 vitamins, and plumping hyaluronic acid to visibly improve skin firmness, texture, and loss of elasticity.
Salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal a fresher, more radiant complexion. This cream also contains Stress Response Proteins plus fruit extracts to improve skin smoothness and the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
This crepey skin cream is fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested, and also comes in an SPF 20 version that provides broad-spectrum sunscreen protection against the damaging effects of sun exposure like hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and wrinkles.
Why Do You Get Crepey Skin?
You may notice that your skin is thinner, more fragile, and is losing its bounciness. Some areas on your body where you may see crepey skin are your hands, arms, legs, decollete, and around your eyes.
You may wonder how does crepey skin occurs in the first place? Is it hereditary or simply due to the aging process? Read on for more details on how crepey skin forms.
While wrinkles occur from repetitive muscle movements, genetics, and sun damage, the main culprit when it comes to crepey skin is sun damage.
Let’s take a look at the many factors which contribute to the formation of crepey skin:
- Sun Damage: Crepey skin is often the result of sun damage, so it often appears in mid-life, although it can appear as early as your 20s if you’ve had high levels of sun exposure. UV rays damage the elastin in your skin. Elastin is the protein fibers in connective tissues of the skin. Think of a rubber band and how elastic it is. It pops back into shape after being stretched. That’s what these fibers do for your skin. It provides structure and resilience to your skin, but over time the amount of this protein decreases in your body.
- Losing A Large Amount of Weight: Skin that was once stretched over a large surface area may sag and appears crepey once you lose a large amount of weight.
- Smoking: Smoking reduces blood flow to your skin, meaning less oxygen reaches your skin. Smoking also causes a reduction in collagen and elastin production which are necessary for firm and bouncy skin. It also may cause free radical damage, hyperpigmentation, and skin discoloration.
- Aging/Genetics: As we age, we produce less collagen and elastin, and our skin becomes drier. These factors contribute to the formation of crepey skin.
How to Prevent Your Skin from Sagging and Getting Crepey
- Avoid sun exposure and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen from head to toe of at least SPF 30.
- Stay hydrated and maintain a healthy skin barrier.
- Nourish your skin with hydrating and moisturizing skincare products like the best moisturizers for crepey skin in this post.
- Visit a dermatologist who can perform treatments (i.e., using fractionated lasers) that can improve crepiness.
Best Ingredients to Treat/Prevent Crepey Skin
- Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher protects skin from collagen-damaging free radicals that can cause crepey skin.
- Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acids exfoliate the skin to reduce the look of crepey skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and plumps crepey skin.
- Retinoids (Retinol) improve skin elasticity, collagen, and elastin.
- Antioxidants fight free radicals caused by environmental factors like UV rays (which can damage skin and compromise your skin barrier) and protect it from environmental pollution and other stressors.
The over-the-counter body lotions for crepey skin above are formulated to hydrate, soothe, and protect the skin barrier. This yields stronger skin that is better able to withstand the factors that contribute to crepey skin.
While no product will be a miracle cure for crepey skin, these body lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs will help support stronger, healthy, hydrated, and moisturized skin.
Final Thoughts on the Best Lotions for Crepey Skin on Arms and Legs
As we age, our risk for crepey skin increases, but if you follow these steps to treat and prevent crepey skin, you will be doing your skin a favor.
Your skin will be nourished, hydrated, and better equipped to ward off the damaging effects of UV rays and other environmental, genetic, and age-related stressors that can cause crepey skin.
What is the best lotion for crepey skin? The answer will be different for everyone since the lotion or cream that will work best for you will fit into your budget and skincare routine, and address your specific skin concerns and skin type.
Whether you choose a budget or high-end skin-strengthening formula, be sure to supplement these treatments by protecting your skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen that contains at least SPF 30 broad-spectrum sunscreen protection.
And don’t forget to drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet, and you’ll be on your way to better skin health and less crepey skin.
Until next time, here’s to your good skin health!