Crepe Erase is a popular skincare cream that targets crepey skin on your body. Today, I’d like to discuss my experience with Crepe Erase for the body plus a few additional Crepe Erase products in this Crepe Erase skincare review.
About Crepey Skin
Crepey skin is thin, wrinkly skin. It occurs on our bodies as we age. You may notice that there are more noticeable wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging, droopy skin on areas of your body where your skin is thinner. It is prevalent on areas of the body that experience sun damage like your arms, legs, knees, neck, and chest areas. (I notice it most on the inside of my upper arms.)
Crepey skin is less elastic and doesn’t bounce back when like when you were younger. Reduced collagen and elastin reduce our ability to retain moisture, and skin looks looser and less firm. In addition to aging and sun exposure, lifestyle choices contribute to crepey skin, such as diet, exercise, smoking, and losing weight quickly.
What Is Collagen and Elastin?
As we age and due to environmental factors previously noted, our bodies produce less collagen and elastin, which can lead to sagging, wrinkles, fine lines, lack of skin firmness, and, you guessed it, crepey skin.
Collagen is a protein molecule found in the connective tissues of the dermis layer of our skin. It’s also found in our muscles, bones, ligaments, cartilage, and tendons. Collagen gives our skin its structure and strength. Collagen is the third most abundant protein in the body.
Elastin is another protein found in the dermis of the skin. While not as abundant as collagen, elastin helps skin bounce back to its normal shape after being stretched.
This is where Crepe Erase products come in. A rich moisturizer like Crepe Erase helps to plump the look of dry, dull, and crepey skin. Crepe Erase notes that 80% of users in their 54 person evaluation saw a reduction in the look of crepey skin on the body after just one use. They evaluated the décolleté, knees, and arms.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment is Crepe Erase’s best-selling crepey skin treatment to create smoother and firmer skin for long-lasting 48-hour skin hydration.
Crepe Erase contains TruFirm Complex, a proprietary complex that contains 3 phytonutrients (from dill, apple, and sage) to support structural resilience and protect the skin from UV damage that promotes aging. This proprietary blend of plant extracts supports natural collagen and elastin production.
The treatment also contains 9 super hydrators to quench, hydrate, repair, and protect the skin.
Crepe Erase is not cheap, so what exactly is in it that helps with crepey skin?
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment Ingredients
Here are the key active Crepe Erase ingredients:
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil: A potent antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from premature aging caused by free radicals due to UV exposure and other environmental stressors.
- Hydroxystearic/ Linolenic/ Oleic Polyglycerides: This glyceride trio is formulated to moisturize and smooth the skin.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter: Moisturizes the skin and supports skin elasticity.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil: A lightweight, fast-absorbing oil rich in antioxidants, moisturizing fatty acids, and soothing vitamin E.
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil: Rich in saturated fatty acids like lauric acid, making it excellent for dry skin types. It can also help protect against dryness and transepidermal water loss.
- Squalane: Found naturally in the skin in the form of squalene (with an e), squalane is a very lightweight moisturizer and skin protectant.
- Tocopherol: More commonly known as vitamin E, a soothing antioxidant.
- Malus Sylvestris Flower Extract: A flower extract derived from the flowers of the apple that has antioxidant, skin conditioning, and skin protective benefits and per Crepe Erase, supports structural resilience of the skin.
- Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract: This natural ingredient supports elastin production for smoother and firmer skin.
- Ursolic Acid: This active comes from Moroccan sage to replenish the skin’s resiliency and to target the side effects of UV damage to the skin.
Crepe Erase cream comes in a Fragrance-Free version and a few different fragrances: Original Citrus, Lavender Honey, and Linden Blossom.
How to Use Crepe Erase Advanced Repair Body Treatment
Apply the cream to the desired area in upward circular motions to clean dry, crepey skin for one minute or until fully absorbed. For best results, apply to crepey skin twice a day.
Crepe Erase Review
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment has a rich body butter-like consistency that glides easily across the skin and absorbs quickly. I knew that I would like this cream right off the bat because it doesn’t leave my skin the slightest bit sticky. My skin drinks up this cream.
Due to the cost, I must admit that the only place that I am generous with the cream is on the inside of my arms, my decollete, and around my knees. I can definitely tell the difference after using this cream for a few weeks. My skin looks more hydrated and is softer and smoother.
I wasn’t expecting any miracles, so I must say that I am impressed. It has the luxe feel of a high-end body moisturizer and, unfortunately, the price tag to go along with it. My solution is to use it on targeted areas of my body and use a less expensive body lotion on other areas of my body.
Is Crepe Erase Worth It?
I think Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment is worth it compared to other luxury body creams. The wrinkly crepey skin on my arms has softened after using the cream for several weeks. It leaves my skin ultra-soft and smooth without the slightest bit of stickiness or greasiness.
I wish Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment contained a potent active to help improve skin turnover and smooth the skin, like retinol or alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs – i.e. glycolic acid or lactic acid).
Although AHAs are present in Crepe Erase Body Smoothing Pre-Treatment, I would love to see Crepe Erase incorporating more potent actives into this product as well.
One plus is that since Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment doesn’t include potentially irritating actives, it can be far more appealing to those who have sensitive skin.
Also, you can use the treatment twice a day without having to worry about overdoing it or irritating your skin. Of course, you should patch test before trying this or any new skincare product.
Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment
Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment is Crepe Erase’s original/classic product for crepey skin. It is formulated to transform the look of dull crepey skin on the body. The newer version is Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment, discussed above.
What’s The Difference Between Crepe Erase Intensive Body Treatment and Crepe Erase Advanced Body Treatment?
Crepe Erase Intensive Body Repair Treatment contains many of the same ingredients as Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment outlined above, such as Crepe Erase’s TruFirm Complex, plus it contains 7 super hydrators:
- coconut oil
- shea butter
- cocoa butter
- olive oil
- vitamin E
The newer version, Advanced Body Repair Treatment, contains 9 super hydrators:
- coconut oil
- cocoa butter
- olive oil
- grapeseed oil
- vitamin E
- glyceride trio (Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides – counts as 3 hydrators)
The newer Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment is supposed to provide faster results since the mix of 12 plant-based ingredients soak into the skin more easily and effectively.
When comparing the Intensive Body Repair Treatment vs. the Advanced Body Repair Treatment, the Advanced feels the slightest bit richer and thicker on the skin.
I didn’t notice a difference in the appearance of my skin with either product. They are both very luxe and leave my skin VERY hydrated, soft, and plump.
Related Post: InvisiCrepe Body Balm Review
Crepe Erase Body Smoothing Pre-Treatment
Crepe Erase Body Smoothing Pre-Treatment is an exfoliating body polish formulated to smooth and soften skin, prepping it to receive moisture from Crepe Erase Advanced Body Treatment or other body care products.
This physical exfoliator helps reduce the look of crepey skin with TruFirm complex, a proprietary blend of plant extracts that supports collagen/elastin production.
It also contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) in the form of lactic acid and glycolic acid and beta hydroxy acid (BHA) in the form of salicylic acid.
These exfoliating acids improve cell turnover by sweeping away dead skin cells on the skin’s surface (AHAs) and in the pores (BHA). They help to brighten the skin and reduce the look of uneven skin tone and improve skin texture.
Glycolic acid is the smallest of all alpha-hydroxy acids, which can reach deeper into the skin than other AHAs. Unfortunately, depending on the concentration, glycolic acid can also be irritating to those with sensitive skin. (I have somewhat sensitive skin, but this scrub didn’t irritate my skin at all.).
Lactic acid is another AHA. It has a larger molecule size than glycolic acid, so it provides a somewhat gentler exfoliation. Lactic acid is a good choice for those with dry skin as it has moisturizing properties.
Salicylic acid also helps to reduce the look of blemishes and acne as it clears out pore-clogging dirt, sebum (oil), and other impurities that can cause breakouts and acne. Salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory properties, treats acne, and calms inflamed acne-prone skin.
The gentle body smoothing pre-treatment removes dull, dead skin cells to reveal fresher and smoother skin. The scrub particles come in the form of hydrogenated castor oil.
The scrub is ideal for areas on the body where the skin gets rough and bumpy, like on the arms, legs, knees, and feet. While the scrub is gentle and not harsh or abrasive, I personally prefer more exfoliation from a body scrub.
Unfortunately, this Crepe Erase product was a miss for me. It doesn’t outperform other in-shower exfoliators that are less than half the price. I would rather spend my money on the Advanced Body Treatment and use less expensive body exfoliators. It’s available in Fragrance-Free and a Citrus scent.
Crepe Erase Anti-Aging Hand Repair Treatment
Crepe Erase Anti-Aging Hand Repair Treatment is a hand cream enriched with anti-aging actives to smooth and soften your skin for younger-looking hands.
Your hands start to show aging earlier than other parts of the body. You may notice an increase in age spots, sun spots, and crepey thinner skin on your hands.
Crepe Erase Anti-Aging Hand Repair Treatment contains Crepe Erase’s TruFirm complex. This trio of plant extracts supports collagen and elastin production for firmer and more youthful-looking skin. Shea butter moisturizes the skin.
This hand cream also contains squalane, a hydrogenated form of squalene (with an e), a lipid found naturally in our bodies. It is very lightweight but moisturizing and helps to reduce transepidermal water loss.
Squalane is emollient and has even been used to treat skin conditions like psoriasis. This makes it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
This hand cream is available in a Fragrance-Free option plus the following fragrances: Citrus, Linden Blossom, Lavender Honey, Vanilla Rose, and Sweet Amber Cream.
Perfect for the aging skin on my hands, this hand cream has a soft pillowy spreadable texture that leaves my hands feeling like silk. Not at all sticky or greasy, which is important when it comes to hand cream. I have the Citrus fragrance, which is a very light, pleasant scent.
I’m really enjoying this hand cream. My skin is incredibly soft and smooth. I have thin skin on my hands, and my veins are starting to become prominent, so I like keeping them moisturized and nourished. Compared to my other favorite hand cream in this price range, I think the results are very comparable.
Additional Crepe Erase Products
Crepe Erase also offers other anti aging products for the face and body. Some of these skincare products are rinse-off peels or masks, and others are leave-on treatments that target aging and mature skin on the face, hands, body, and feet:
- Wrinkle Smoothing Decollete Mask: A silicone pad that helps to visibly smooth the skin and reduce the look of crepiness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Lift & Smooth Neck Firming Treatment: A serum formulated with Crepe Erase’s TruFirm Complex to reduce the look of crepiness on the neck and decollete.
- Toning and Tightening Body Serum: A retinol body serum that contains retinol to improve cell turnover, TruFirm Complex to improve skin firmness, elasticity, and radiance, and soothing vitamin E. Glycerin and squalane provide moisture. Bisabolol from chamomile has anti-inflammatory benefits. Ginger root extract provides antioxidant and toning benefits.
- Hydrating Body Toning Mist: A mist formulated with Crepe Erase TruFirm Complex, a proprietary blend of plant extracts that support collagen and elastin production. Glycerin and squalane moisturize the skin. The mist preps the skin for Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment.
- Anti-Aging Hand Repair Scrub: Gently exfoliates dry crepey skin on the hands with Crepe Erase TruFirm Complex. Ideally followed by Crepe Erase Anti-Aging Hand Repair Treatment.
- Renew & Smooth Hydrating Foot Mask: A plastic bootie foot mask enriched with honey extract and vitamin E. Formulated to hydrate and soften the skin and support a healthy skin barrier.
- Renew & Smooth Foot Peel: An exfoliating foot treatment formulated with salicylic acid and lactic acid to remove dull, dead skin cells and improve skin dryness for soft, smooth feet. Contains soothing lavender oil and cucumber extracts.
Additional Crepe Erase Products for the Face
- Refining Facial Scrub: Gently exfoliates to improve cell turnover and relieve dry, crepey skin. It contains antioxidant-rich olive oil and Crepe Erase proprietary TruFirm Complex to support collagen and elastin synthesis in the skin.
- Restorative Facial Treatment: A facial treatment to repair wrinkled aged skin. This anti-wrinkle cream contains actives like TruFirm Complex, olive oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E, and coconut oil.
- Flaw Fix Eye Cream: A lightweight eye cream formulated to reduce the look of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness around the delicate eye area. Contains Crepe Erase’s TruFirm Complex.
- 4-in-1 Line Smoothing Capsules: Serum capsules designed to lift and firm the eye area. They target dark circles and help to decrease the appearance of puffiness with antioxidant grapefruit extract, hydrating sodium hyaluronate (the salt form of hyaluronic acid), and soothing vitamin E.
- Overnight Facial Plumping Treatment: Enriched with TruFirm Complex, grapeseed oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, vitamin E, squalane, coconut oil, and a moisturizing glyceride trio to smooth wrinkles and fine lines overnight.
- Flaw-Fix Refining Lip Polish: Exfoliates the delicate skin on your lips with TruFirm Complex and vitamin E.
- Flaw-Fix Intensive Lip Repair Treatment: Moisturizes dry, crepey skin with TruFirm Complex and vitamin E.
About Crepe Erase
Crepe Erase was introduced by Guthy-Renker, a direct marketing company, in 2014. Crepe Erase is owned by Body Firm, which describes itself as a body-first brand made for every kind of body.
Their best-sellers focus on anti-aging body skincare and are formulated to provide both instant and long-term results. Depending on the product, you’ll see those results on your face or body.
You can buy the body and/or face systems at a discounted price for a complete anti-aging routine on the Crepe Erase website, but you must enroll in their membership program and reoccurring shipments.
Although there is no commitment and no minimum to buy, I prefer ordering from Amazon, where you can purchase the items you want once without having to call and cancel future shipments.
Crepe Erase recommends patch testing if you are concerned about irritation or if you have sensitive skin. Crepe Erase products are free of all phthalates and parabens.
Crepe Erase Alternatives
There are many Crepe Erase alternatives on the market that are formulated to reduce the look of crepey skin:
- Strivectin Crepe Control Tightening Body Cream: Formulated with vitamin E, vitamin B Complex, fatty acids, and turmeric root extract to firm and even out skin tone. Shea, murumuru, and capuacu butters moisturize the skin and create a silky smooth softening cream.
- Gold Bond Crepe Corrector Age Defense Lotion: If you are looking for a budget buy, Gold Bond Crepe Corrector contains omega fatty acids, vitamin E and 7 moisturizers to firm and tighten the skin.
Please see this post on the best lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs for a complete list of crepey skin creams.
How to Avoid Crepey Skin
To avoid crepey skin, be sure to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 protection or higher every single day to protect your skin from sun damage. Eat foods and drink liquids that hydrate and nourish your body.
Be sure to keep your skin moisturized with products like Crepe Erase. Look for anti-aging ingredients like retinol and alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid in your skincare products.
Do Crepe Erase products work?
If you use Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment consistently, you should see an improvement in the look of crepey skin. Will it erase crepey skin? No, but it is a very rich and luxe body cream that helps smooth and moisturize the skin.
Is Crepe Erase cruelty-free?
Per the Crepe Erase website, “Animals are our friends. We do not test on them.”, but Crepe Erase has not made any claims of being 100% cruelty-free.
Does Crepe Erase have sunscreen?
Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment does not contain sunscreen.
Does Crepe Erase work on stretch marks and cellulite?
Crepe Erase does not claim to reduce stretch marks or cellulite but can help smooth and plump crepey skin with continued use.
Does Crepe Erase contain retinol?
Crepe Erase Toning and Tightening Body Serum contains face-grade retinol to improve cell turnover and skin radiance.
Where to buy Crepe Erase?
Crepe Erase is sold online at the Crepe Erase website, Amazon, Ulta, and QVC.
Final Thoughts – Crepe Erase Review
If you are wondering whether or not Crepe Erase is any good, I think the Advanced Repair Body Treatment is an excellent all-over body hydrator and moisturizer.
Is it going to perform miracles? No. But with consistent use, I’ve seen plumper, softer, and more hydrated skin, which helps to reduce the look of lines and crepiness. For a luxe moisturizer, it’s really hydrating and moisturizing.
Remember, you don’t have to have crepey skin or aging mature skin to use Crepe Erase. You can use Crepe Erase simply to help prevent the visible signs of aging.
Until next time, here’s to your good skin health!