InvisiCrepe Body Balm is a body skincare product from City Beauty formulated to reduce the look of wrinkles and crepey skin on your body. I’ve been on the hunt for the best products to treat crepey skin, so today, I will discuss my experience with this body balm in this InvisiCrepe Body Balm review.
This Invisicrepe Body Balm review post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
InvisiCrepe Body Balm
InvisiCrepe Body Balm is formulated to target the look of crepey skin with the following three pathways:
- Skin Hydration
- Cell Regeneration
- Protein Network Support
Hydration is achieved through InvisiCrepe’s Hydrating Multi-Fruit Complex
and Lipid Compound to improve the skin barrier function. Skin stays hydrated all day which helps the skin appear supple and plump.
Lactococcus ferment lysate and oat bran extract are used to activate cell regeneration and improve skin thickness, firmness and skin elasticity.
Protein Network Support
Protein network support is achieved by strengthening the skin’s dermal matrix, which is like the skin’s scaffolding. Proteins like collagen and elastin support it.
Niacinamide and ribose in the InvisiCrepe formula support and synthesize these proteins for a stronger dermal matrix.
InvisiCrepe Body Balm Key Ingredients
- Lactococcus Ferment Lysate: This probiotic comes from Lactococcus lactis bacteria. Per the manufacturer, it is supposed to improve speed and quality of epidermal growth and support a healthy skin barrier.
- Glycerin: A mainstay humectant and moisturizer that strengthens the skin barrier.
- Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this multi-tasking anti-aging active improves ceramide production for a strong skin barrier. It increases collagen production which helps to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. Niacinamide also helps to fade hyperpigmentation, dark spots and uneven skin tone. This study found niacinamide to be as effective as skin brightener hydroquinone in the treatment of melasma.
- Ribose: A sugar that supports the skin’s natural collagen production and has been shown to help to reduce wrinkles and skin dullness.
- Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract: This extract contains antioxidants that help protect skin from harmful free radicals that are due to environmental stressors like UV exposure.
- Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract: An Asian medicinal plant that has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits.
- Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract: A skin conditioning antioxidant plant extract.
- Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract: Rich in vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants that protect the skin against UV damage.
- Allantoin: This soothing and healing ingredient comes from the comfrey plant.
- Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract: This fruit extract contains moisturizing vitamin B5.
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract: Contains vitamins, proteins, sugars and acids to moisturize and gently exfoliate the skin.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract: Offers anti-inflammatory and soothing benefits for the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of hydrating and plumping hyaluronic acid.
- Sodium Lactate: The sodium salt of lactic acid, which moisturizes the skin.
- Tocopherol: Also known as vitamin E, a vitamin that has antioxidant and soothing benefits.
- Sodium PCA: The sodium form of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid, a humectant and skin miosturizer.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Aloe vera is soothing, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing.
This body balm contains the three main active ingredients in AquaCell: Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, and Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract.
Per the manufacturer, this complex hydrates the skin for 24 hours and reduces fine lines.
The Benefits of InvisiCrepe Body Balm
InvisiCrepe Body Balm benefits include:
- Targets dry crepey skin
- Creates a firming action
- Creates a tight, springy feel
- Smoothes wrinkles and fine lines
- Provides lasting skin hydration
- Helps restore the dermal matrix
- Supports the skin barrier
InvisiCrepe Body Balm Review
The first thing I noticed about InvisiCrepe Body Balm was its texture. It has a light and fluffy but rich and glassy appearance, which allows it to sink into your skin quickly with zero stickiness or greasiness.
The texture of this body cream is a big part of the entire product experience, so I’m happy to say that it passes my test for not being too thick or heavy on the skin (especially in the hot summer months that I’ve been testing it in).
It softens the crepiness of the skin on the inside of my upper arms, legs, and decollete. Plus, it keeps my skin soft and hydrated all day. It has a light, fresh fragrance that does not linger too much after application.
So what is so special about InvisiCrepe Body Balm? The formula, for starters. I really like the ingredient list.
There are several hydrators in the body balm that keep the skin barrier supported. Niacinamide is one of my favorite multi-tasking skincare active ingredients with many anti-aging benefits, so to be able to use it all over my body makes me very happy.
This City Beauty body balm does not feel like a thick waxy body balm or even like a body butter. It feels like a light as air cream or serum going on the skin.
Drawbacks? Unfortunately, it is pricey, but it has that luxury product feel and provides great results for me.
Does InvisiCrepe Body Balm Work?
While I can only speak to my experience, InvisiCrepe has helped to improve my skin texture and soften my skin. After using this body balm, my skin feels very silky, especially if I use it both morning and night.
I try to extend the use of this City Beauty product by using it only on certain areas where I want to reduce the look of crepey skin, especially the thin skin of my inner arms.
Alternatives to InvisiCrepe Body Balm
There are many lotions and creams for crepey skin on the market targeting skin firmness that run from affordable drugstore buys to high-end luxury favorites.
If you are looking for an affordable drugstore body lotion for crepey skin, you might want to consider Gold Bond’s products for crepey skin. I tried Gold Bond Crepey Corrector and reviewed it and 2 other Gold Bond products for crepey skin in this Gold Bond for Crepey Skin Review.
Please see this post for a complete list of body lotions for crepey skin on the arms and legs.
Retinol and AHAs for Crepey Skin
Look for body care products that contain actives that increase cell turnover to sweep away dull skin and dead skin cells that can contribute to the look of crepey skin.
In addition to your face, retinol can help improve the look of loose skin on your body, as it improves the appearance of crepey skin, wrinkles, and fine lines and improves skin texture.
You can find retinol in body products like Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream with Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment.
You can also look for body care products that contain exfoliating acids like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). Glycolic acid and lactic acid are two AHAs that work on the skin’s surface to remove dead skin cells to reveal brighter, more even-toned skin.
They also help to reduce the look of hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion contains 12% glycolic acid to reduce the look of wrinkles and lines while helping to support your body’s natural collagen production.
For The Face
If you are looking for a firming cream for your face and like City Beauty products, consider City Beauty Multi-Action Sculpting Cream. It is formulated with multiple peptides to help sagging skin look tighter and firmer.
How To Use InvisiCrepe Body Balm
Apply InvisiCrepe Body Balm to clean dry skin daily. Target specific areas like the neck, chest, arms, and legs. Apply in an upward circular motion until the body balm is fully absorbed into your skin.
InvisiCrepe Body Balm is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. Like with any new skincare product, before adding it to your daily skincare routine, it is recommended to do a patch test before using this body balm for the first time.
What Causes Crepey Skin?
Dry, wrinkled, crepey skin often comes along with excessive sun exposure and with age. As we age, our skin becomes dry as our skin barrier weakens.
A weakened skin barrier can experience transepidermal water loss, in which our skin loses moisture. The result can be dry, flaky skin that looks like crepe paper.
Crepey skin can also develop as our bodies produce less collagen and elastin the older we get. These two proteins provide a firm, bouncy appearance to your skin, so lower levels can cause wrinkly sagging skin.
In addition to sun damage and age, crepey skin can also appear due to other factors like genes, diet, rapid weight loss, and smoking.
About City Beauty
Founded in 2002, City Beauty is a luxury beauty brand based in Chatsworth, CA, that formulates skincare and cosmetics with anti-aging benefits in mind. They offer products for the lips, eyes, face, and body.
The brand is well known for its best-selling and award-winning City Lips Plumping Lip Gloss. Their functional beauty products target specific concerns and are designed to provide more benefits than meet the eye for a healthier complexion.
Regarding the brand name, City Beauty relates to the City Beauty woman and customer. Like cities challenge, inspire, and grow over time, the City Beauty woman does the same.
Is City Beauty Cruelty-Free?
Yes, City Beauty is cruelty-free.
Final Thoughts on InvisiCrepe Body Balm
No matter what your skin type, dry and dehydrated skin can make crepey skin look worse. City Beauty Invisicrepe Body Balm does a great job of hydrating my skin and targeting that unsightly crepey texture.
My favorite thing about this product is the light-as-air texture and how smooth it leaves my skin upon application.
I think the secret is consistency. You will not see miracles overnight with any of these crepey skin products, but if you use them as directed, the appearance of crepey aging skin will improve over time.
Thanks for reading, and until next time, here’s to your good skin health!