When it comes to crepey, wrinkled, saggy skin, plenty of expensive products target this skin concern.
But luxury creams like Crepe Erase are very expensive, so today, we’ll take a look at how a few Gold Bond products, including Gold Bond Crepe Corrector Age Defense Smoothing Concentrate, an affordable drugstore crepey skin lotion, perform in this Gold Bond for crepey skin review.
This Gold Bond for crepey skin post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Gold Bond for Crepey Skin Review
These Gold Bond products target crepey skin at drugstore prices. Do they work?
Let’s take a look:
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector Body Lotion
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector Body Lotion is a silky body lotion that is formulated for crepey skin.
This smoothing lotion helps aging skin that has lost its ability to retain moisture, which can lead to crepey skin. A total of 7 moisturizers and 3 vitamins yield 24 hours of lightweight hydration.
While it has been clinically proven to improve skin firmness and elasticity in two weeks, per Gold Bond, in only 2 days, 82% of users had a visible improvement in crepey skin on the backs of their hands and arms.
This crepey skin body lotion is formulated to plump and firm dry, aging skin with its smoothing concentration of nourishing omega fatty acids, antioxidants, and botanicals.
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector contains the same active ingredients found in AcquaCell, a complex that is supposed to improve skin hydration and moisture and reduce fine lines and dryness.
These ingredients include glycerin, Citrullus vulgaris (watermelon) fruit extract & Pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, Lens esculenta (lentil) fruit extract, sodium PCA, and sodium lactate.
Gold Bond Ultimate Crepe Corrector Age Defense Smoothing Concentrate: Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A rich humectant and moisturizer that supports a healthy skin barrier.
- Jojoba Esters: Derived from jojoba oil and hydrogenated jojoba oil, these wax esters moisturize the skin.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: From the aloe vera plant, this moisturizing ingredient is soothing and anti-inflammatory. Ideal for irritated skin.
- Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract: This fruit extract is rich in antioxidants that protect the skin against UV damage.
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract: Rich in proteins and vitamins that smooth, brighten and moisturize the skin.
- Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract: A fruit extract that contains moisturizing vitamin B5 and trisaccharides.
- Sodium Lactate: The sodium salt of lactic acid that has moisturizing properties.
- Sodium PCA: Pyrrolidone Carboxylic Acid is found naturally in our skin and helps with skin hydration.
- Bisabolol: This compound comes from chamomile, and is soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract: Ginger root extract contains polysaccharides, amino acids, and sugars that moisturize the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory benefits. When combined with bisabolol (above), they work together to reduce redness.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B5, panthenol moisturizes and soothes the skin.
- Ubiquinone: An antioxidant that can help to target the visible signs of aging and smooth wrinkles.
- Squalene: A natural moisturizing factor (NMF) found naturally in the skin.
- Tocopherol: This active ingredient is also known as vitamin E. This soothing vitamin offers antioxidant benefits.
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector Review
Crepe Corrector is silky, lightweight, and absorbs quickly. It’s not the slightest bit sticky or greasy. Instead, it leaves your skin soft and supple.
I think it has a pretty advanced formula for a low price, with loads of moisturizing and soothing ingredients, so this concentrate is a winner for me.
My skin looks smoother and plumper after using this concentrate. It’s unscented too, which is helpful for sensitive skin. This is an effective drugstore body lotion for crepey skin.
The concentrate is hypoallergenic, meaning it won’t clog pores which can lead to breakouts and pimples.
In addition to Gold Bond Crepe Corrector Age Defense Lotion, Gold Bond offers a few additional products that can help with crepey skin:
Gold Bond Ultimate Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion
Gold Bond Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion is formulated with proteins and lipids to improve the skin texture of aging and mature skin.
Seven moisturizers, stress response proteins, and a skin-firming complex work to improve skin moisture, skin texture, and skin firmness.
Per Gold Bond, 87% of users had visibly firmer skin in two weeks.
This Gold Bond lotion contains many of the same ingredients as Gold Bond Crepe Corrector:
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract
- Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract
- Sodium PCA
- Sodium Lactate
- Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract
This unscented hypoallergenic moisturizer is slightly thicker than the other products reviewed in this post. It glides onto the skin easily and does a great job of moisturizing and softening my skin.
It feels slightly heavier on my skin than Gold Bond Crepe Corrector.
Although this body lotion costs around the same as Crepe Corrector, you get an additional 5 oz of product with this lotion.
Still, I prefer Crepe Corrector over this lightweight lotion due to the lighter feel on my skin.
Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream
Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream is formulated to visibly improve firmness and skin texture.
It contains 7 moisturizers and 3 vitamins and is supposed to penetrate 10 layers deep into your skin for lasting hydration. The fragrance-free cream is formulated to hydrate skin all day.
After one day, 85% of users saw an improvement in the texture of their skin, and after two weeks, 97% of users had visibly firmer skin. It’s hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
It contains all of the active ingredients listed above for Crepe Corrector plus salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps exfoliate the skin.
It is perfect for acne and oily skin, as it can travel deep into the pores to clear away excess sebum (oil) while sweeping away dead skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher, and more even-toned skin.
The price of this cream is similar to Gold Bond Crepe Corrector and Gold Bond Strength & Resilience Skin Therapy Lotion, but you only get 2 oz of this cream.
The small 2 oz tube doesn’t last long, and I didn’t notice any difference in my dry skin when using this compared to the other Gold Bond crepey skin products.
Although pricey, for my neck, I prefer StriVectin Tighten & Lift Advanced Neck Cream PLUS.
Related Post: Drmtlgy Advanced Neck Cream Review
Gold Bond Age Renew Retinol Overnight Body & Face Lotion
Gold Bond Age Renew Retinol Overnight Body & Face Lotion is Gold Bond’s newest crepey skin product that helps smooth your skin overnight.
Retinol is the gold standard over-the-counter anti-ager that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and can help reduce the look of crepey skin.
Gold Bond formulates this face and body lotion with several effective anti-agers in a rich and nourishing formula.
In addition to retinol for skin smoothing, the face and body lotion contains a firming peptide, a fruit extract complex, brightening niacinamide, and several other nourishing, hydrating, and moisturizing active ingredients.
This body lotion was specifically designed to be used as an overnight treatment since retinol can be irritating and cause sensitivity if your skin is exposed to the sun.
It’s great to see more brands come out with retinol body products, and Gold Bond does not disappoint. I am very impressed with this lotion!
It has a rich texture and feels more like a luxurious cream than a body lotion without feeling heavy on my skin.
This Gold Bond Retinol Overnight lotion can be used on your face in addition to your body.
It is non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores and cause breakouts and acne.
This Gold Bond retinol cream is fragrance-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and dye-free.
Gold Bond Age Renew Retinol Overnight Key Ingredients
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract: Shea butter strengthens your skin barrier and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Glycerin: A very popular moisturizing skincare ingredient that is a natural humectant.
- Niacinamide: An multi-benefit anti-aging active ingredient that helps improve skin tone and reduce wrinkles.
- Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract: A plant extract that reduces dehydration and dryness.
- Jojoba Esters: Wax esters that moisturize your skin.
- Jojoba Oil/Macadamia Seed Oil Esters: Fatty acids, triglycerides, and wax esters that strengthen your skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Squalene: Nourishes and moisturizes your skin.
- Tocopherol: Also known as vitamin E, this active ingredient helps protect and moisturize your skin.
- Retinol: A form of vitamin A that promotes collagen production and smoothes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12: A peptide that improves skin firmness and tone, which can help improve the appearance of crepey skin.
- Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract: A trio of fruit extracts that form a complex called Acquacell, which improves skin hydration and reduces fine lines.
- Sodium PCA: A humectant that helps draw moisture from the air and keep it locked in your skin.
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter: A rich, emollient plant butter packed with fatty acids that help to nourish dehydrated, dry skin.
Does Gold Bond Crepe Corrector work?
If used consistently, Gold Bond Crepe Corrector can soften and smooth the look of dry crepey skin.
Is Gold Bond Cruelty-Free?
Gold Bond is not tested on animals for human use.
Which Gold Bond is best for crepey skin?
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector is formulated with active ingredients that target the look of dull crepey skin. Gold Bond Ultimate Neck & Chest Firming Cream targets the chest and neck.
How To Use Gold Bond Crepe Corrector?
Apply daily to the skin and reapply as often as needed. Consider applying twice a day for plumper, smoother skin.
The Best Alternatives to Gold Bond Crepe Corrector
If you are looking for products to address crepey skin, there are many on the market. Some more popular lotions for crepey skin on the arms and legs are Crepe Erase and StriVectin Crepe Control and InvisiCrepe Body Balm.
You can see a complete list of body products for crepey skin in this post on the best lotions for crepey skin.
You can also look for body lotions and creams containing retinol and alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid or lactic acid to improve cell turnover and remove dull, dead skin cells that make skin look dry and crepey.
What is Crepey Skin?
Crepey skin occurs as aging skin loses its elasticity and appears thin, with wrinkles and lines reminiscent of crepe paper. (Remember those fun crepe paper projects as kids?)
The skin’s collagen production also decreases with age, so firmness will decrease, and skin becomes saggy and less elastic as we grow older. Crepey skin presents as dry, wrinkled, and thin skin.
Crepey skin can occur due to several factors, including aging, sun exposure, smoking, genes, and even rapid weight loss.
You’ll often see crepey skin appears on areas of the body that are thinner and exposed to the sun, like the neck, décolleté, around the knees, back of the hands, the inner upper arms, and elbows.
How to Prevent Crepey Skin
There are some steps that you can take to minimize or prevent crepey skin from appearing in the first place. Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your skin well hydrated.
Exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells that leave skin dull and rough. Moisturize your skin with a product like Gold Bond Crepe Corrector.
Eat foods rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and omega-3 fatty acids.
What about prevention?
Regardless of which products you choose to soften the look of crepey skin, be sure to always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher whether the sun is shining or not. Prevention is always best!
Final Thoughts on Gold Bond for Crepey Skin
Gold Bond products are a very affordable option to treat dry sagging, thinning, and crepey skin. Gold Bond Crepe Corrector is my favorite of the three, as its texture and formula work well for my skin.
If you are wondering where to buy Gold Bond Crepe Corrector, you can shop here.
Until next time, here’s to your good skin health!