Belif is a Korean skincare brand known for its high-quality, natural ingredients. I was excited to try out some of their products because I’ve heard great things about them.
Today, I will share my experience using two belif Aqua Bomb products and two belif Moisturizing Bomb products in this belif review.
This belif review post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Jump Ahead To:
The belif Philosophy
To understand how belif products work and their formulas, you should first understand that the brand is based on the philosophies of a Scottish herbalist, Duncan Napier, combined with Korean skincare technology.
Duncan Napier was a botanist and herbalist who believed that the combination of science and nature could create the best skin care products.
After curing a cough with only herbal ingredients, Napier became a medical herbalist and opened Napiers Apothecary in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1860.
Well researched herbal remedies made with natural ingredients and processing methods were the key factors behind Napier’s success.
He sought to make traditional herbal remedies effective and accessible.
Belif has incorporated Napier’s philosophies and combined them with Korean skincare technology to develop a range of products that use natural ingredients, are easy to use, and are effective.
You’ll find seven Napiers formulas in belif products: Original, Anti-Aging, Moisture Aqua, Dark Circle, Trouble, and Original #2.
Napiers Original Formula
Napier Original Formula is found in all belif products. It is antioxidant-rich and contains ingredients to calm the skin and provide anti-aging benefits.
- Oat Seed: Contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it ideal for those with itchy skin or skin conditions like eczema.
- Calendula: Contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits and helps with wound healing.
- Catnip Flowering Tops: Pore-purifying and antiseptic benefits.
- Raspberry: Moisturizing and antioxidant-rich to protect the skin from environmental stress.
- Wild Indigo: Calms redness and irritation.
- Chickweed: Soothes itchy, irritated skin.
belif Aqua Bomb Jelly Cleanser
Belif Aqua Bomb Jelly Cleanser is a jelly-to-foam cleanser formulated to provide a burst of hydration when it is applied to your skin.
It is formulated to remove makeup, dirt oil, and other impurities without stripping your skin and leaving it feeling tight or dry.
In addition to Napiers Original formula, the jelly cleanser contains Napiers Aqua Formula, which uses Lady’s Mantle, Horsetail, Chickweed, Nettle, and Plantain to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Lady’s Mantle contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage, improve skin elasticity, and reduce the look of pores. It also offers anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin.
The gel cleanser has a somewhat thick translucent texture that transforms into a very gentle foam when mixed with water on your skin.
It has the same uplifting citrus fragrance as the other belif products I tried.
This belif cleanser is one of my favorite cleansing foams. It has such a great texture and creamy foam. Plus, I happen to like the citrusy fragrance.
It’s suitable for normal, combination, and oily skin types. Since it is a foaming cleanser, it might not be hydrating enough for those with dry skin.
Please note that all of the belif products that I tried contain added fragrance and essential oils. While I really like the citrusy scent, it may not be for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin.
Related Post: The Best Korean Cleansers For Dry Skin
belif Moisturizing Eye Balm
Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb provides intense moisture (for up to 26 hours) and boosts skin elasticity.
This eye cream combats dryness and targets the visible signs of aging like lack of firmness, wrinkles, fine lines, and dullness.
It contains Napiers Original formula plus Napiers Moisture formula, which is comprised of Lady’s Mantle, Heartsease, Rose, Marsh, and Meadow Sweet.
The ingredient list is filled with several plant extracts and actives:
- Centella asiatica leaf extract, also known as pennywort or tiger grass, is an antioxidant and humectant that supports natural type-I collagen synthesis.
- Squalane is a saturated and stable oil that mimics the skin’s natural sebum. It helps to prevent moisture loss, restore skin elasticity, and improve the appearance of wrinkles.
- Comfrey detoxifies the skin.
- Panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5) is a moisturizer and skin-repairing ingredient.
This eye cream has a very silky and rich texture. I love belif’s description: it “floods fine lines with 26 hours of moisture”. Yes, please flood my fine lines, please!
It has such a plush and creamy texture and feels like a luxury eye cream.
It feels very hydrating when applied. It absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy or heavy film. Even at the end of a very long day, my eye contour still feels hydrated. It works well with makeup, too.
It contains that same citrusy scent that the other belif products I tried. I don’t love eye creams with fragrance, but the scent is very light.
Another belif product and another thumbs up!
It’s formulated for dry, normal, combination, oily, and sensitive skin types.
belif The True Cream – Aqua Bomb
Belif’s best-seller and cult-favorite The True Cream – Aqua Bomb is a gel cream designed to burst upon application and flood the skin with cooling hydration.
The lightweight cream is formulated to minimize the look of pores for super soft skin.
It contains Napiers Original formula plus Napiers Aqua formula, which contains Lady’s Mantle, Horsetail, Chickweed, Nettle, and Plantain for the ultimate in hydration.
Ceramide 3, also called Ceramide NP, is a lipid found naturally in the skin that restores the protective skin barrier and helps prevent water loss.
Panthenol, shea butter, and squalane moisturize the skin.
The True Cream Aqua Bomb was the first product I tried from belif, and once I tried it, I understood what all the fuss was about.
It has a very hydrating texture that leaves my skin feeling like silk without feeling heavy on my skin.
It’s also an excellent moisturizer for under makeup. I really enjoy using this moisturizer in the warm months, as it is cooling but still lets my combination skin breathe.
The bottom line is that it doesn’t leave my skin greasy or oily, even though it is very hydrating.
It’s suitable for normal, combination, and oily skin types.
belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb
Belif The True Cream – Moisturizing Bomb is a cushiony, comforting moisturizer that soothes dry, flaky, and dull skin with up to 26 hours of moisture.
This rich cream is formulated to burst when applied to the skin for deep hydration without any stickiness.
It contains Napiers Original formula plus Napiers Moisture formula, which includes Lady’s Mantle, Heartsease, Rose, Marsh, and Meadow Sweet to hydrate and support a healthy skin barrier.
Comfrey leaf detoxifies the skin. Squalane, panthenol, and Ceramide 3 moisturize the skin.
The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is very rich and moisturizing and a little too rich for my combination skin during the hot summer months.
Is belif Moisturizing Bomb worth it?
I think that this rich Korean cream would be worth it for dry skin or dehydrated skin, especially during the colder weather months.
belif: Founded on the Concept of TRUTH
- TRUE INGREDIENTS: Belif products are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates and synthetic preservatives, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, mineral oils, and animal-origin ingredients.
- TRUE FORMULAS: The standout qualities of this K Beauty brand come from their herbal ingredients and unique textures, formulated with high-performing formulas to meet the sophisticated need of the Korean skincare community.
- TRUE BENEFITS: belif uses natural and pure apothecary herbs and minimizes the use of ingredients that may irritate the skin.
- TRUE HONESTY: belif limits unneeded packaging and advertising to be able to provide quality products at reasonable prices.
Read More on Korean Skincare: COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule Review
Belif Review: Wrap Up
Belif skincare products are effective, yet the combination of science and nature in each product makes them feel luxurious and much more expensive than they are.
If you want to try just one product from belif, I would start with one of their best-selling moisturizers:
- The True Cream Aqua Bomb is a great choice if you have combination or oily skin and prefer a lightweight product.
- The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is a rich cream, perfect for those with dehydrated or dry skin.
Thanks for reading this belif review, and until next time, here’s to your good skin health!