Dr. Belmeur is a Korean skincare brand sold by The Face Shop that targets troubled skin. The products are a custom solution formulated to eliminate skin troubles experienced by damaged, sensitive, acne prone, or oily skin types using plant-derived ingredients that are similar to the skin’s natural structure.
I will be reviewing a toner, serum, cream, and moisturizer in this Dr. Belmeur review.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Jump Ahead To:
About Dr. Belmeur Skincare
Dr. Belmeur skincare products come to us from LG Household & Health Care. The brand name doesn’t come from an actual doctor.
They use Dr. in the name to represent healthy skin. The name Belmeur actually combines two words: belle, for beautiful skin, and humeur for a pleasant mood or feeling.
Dr. Belmeur products are formulated with Skin-sync Rx, a technology that helps the products form a layer of moisture on the skin to calm dry skin or irritated sensitive skin.
Dr. Belmeur Skincare Products
There are three lines within the brand: Daily Repair, Clarifying, and Advanced. Daily Repair products are formulated for sensitive skin.
Clarifying products are formulated for oily and acne-prone skin. Advanced products are formulated for damaged skin.
In the Advanced line, The Advance Cica Recovery Serum and Advanced Cica Recovery Cream are named “Cica” for their Centella Asiatica extract ingredients, popular in K-Beauty products for their anti-inflammatory and healing benefits.
Centella Asiatica extract has been used to treat eczema, so these products are excellent for irritated and damaged skin.
Dr. Belmeur Skincare Review
I tried a toner from their Daily Repair line, a moisturizer from their Clarifying line, and serum and cream from their Advanced line for this Dr. Belmeur skincare review.
Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Facial Toner
Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Facial Toner is a moisturizing low-irritation toner formulated to soothe and calm sensitive skin while boosting moisture levels.
The toner contains several soothing actives and plant extracts and is formulated for sensitive or dry skin.
Ingredients like phytosphingosine, moroheiya, and birch tree sap form a protective moisture layer on the skin.
Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Facial Toner: Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A humectant that moisturizes the skin.
- Panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5): An active that is anti-inflammatory, healing, moisturizing and helps decrease transepidermal water loss.
- Betula Platyphylla Japonica (Birch Sap) Juice: Contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants. Popular in K-Beauty skincare products, birch sap juice also hydrates the skin, supports a healthy skin barrier and calms redness.
- Corchorus Olitorius Leaf Extract: Also known as moroheiya, this plant extract contains polysaccharides to improve skin hydration and supports the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Monarda Didyma Leaf Extract (Bee Balm Extract): A skin conditioning and healing plant extract.
- Phytosphingosine: Found naturally in the skin, this lipid has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory benefits and strengthens the skin barrier.
- Beta-Glucan: A polysaccharide (made up of sugar molecules) that repairs and heals the skin, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin. It also has antioxidant and moisturizing properties and even has anti-wrinkle benefits.
- Formulated without 10 Additives: Parabens, synthesized pigments, phenoxyethanol, triethanolamine, mineral oil, benzophenone-3, animal-derived ingredients, propylene glycol, talc, benzoic acid.
- Contains an Allergen-Free Fragrance: Formulated without 23 types of additives with possible allergens to minimize irritation.
This toner has a thicker consistency than other water-like toners, even though it looks just like water in the photo.
The instructions say to dispense the toner onto a cotton pad and gently wipe it onto the face.
Since the toner has a thicker consistency (more like an essence), I prefer applying this toner with my fingers and palms. I gently pat into my skin, which drinks up the moisture from it.
This toner really calms my skin. I use it when I notice my skin becoming dry and tight after using retinol too frequently. When used in conjunction with Dr. Belmeur cica serum and cream, my skin calms down overnight.
Even though it is supposed to be an allergen-free fragrance, I’m unsure why this toner contains fragrance if it is targeted at sensitive skin.
It has a very light scent: a clean citrus floral fragrance.
If you have dry or sensitive skin, this toner might be a good option if you are looking to calm your skin or if you need a light layer of extra moisture in your skincare routine.
Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica Recovery Serum
Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica Recovery Serum is formulated to strengthen the skin barrier and support skin elasticity.
Ingredients like ceramides, panthenol, and extracts from Centella Asiatica replenish the skin and strengthen the skin barrier.
Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica Recovery Serum: Key Ingredients
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B5, panthenol moisturizes and soothes the skin.
- Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, and Ceramide EOP: Ceramides are waxy lipids that occur naturally in the skin that hydrate the skin and support a strong and healthy skin barrier, keeping moisture in and impurities out. Think of brick and mortar. Skin cells are like bricks and ceramides are like the mortar that hold skin cells together.
- Madecassoside: A compound that comes from the Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) plant that soothes and repairs the skin and offers protective antioxidant benefits.
- Asiaticoside: A compound from Centella Asiatica that is reparative, healing, and helps boost collagen production.
- Asiatic Acid: A compound from Centella Asiatica that helps heal and moisturize the skin.
- Trehalose: A plant sugar that moisturizes and protects the skin.
- Adenosine: Adenosine is an active found naturally in our bodies that is anti-inflammatory and strengthens the skin barrier.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: The salt form of hyaluronic acid that moisturizes and plumps the skin.
- Beta-Glucan: An active that repairs, heals, and moisturizes the skin. It also has antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
- Phytosphingosine: A lipid that supports a healthy skin barrier and can even help treat acne.
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil: A plant oil that hydrates, moisturizes, and protects a compromised skin barrier.
- Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract and Beta-Carotene: Carrot root extract is a plant extract rich in beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is a strong antioxidant that protects the skin from free radicals caused by UV exposure and helps to reduce the signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Formulated without 8 Additives: Synthetic pigment, artificial fragrance, triethanolamine, mineral oil, benzophenone-3, ethanol, talc, and benzoic acid.
This Dr. Belmeur serum has a thick silky texture, almost like a lightweight gel-lotion. It sinks into the skin quickly and feels very hydrating.
It soothes and calms my skin when it is red and irritated from retinol/retinoid use.
It’s very gentle and the perfect product for angry and damaged skin.
It complements the rich Daily Repair Toner and Advanced Cica Recovery Cream and would be ideal for dry, very dry, and sensitive skin types.
Related Post: The Best Korean Vitamin C Serums
Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica Recovery Cream
Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica Recovery Cream is a thick moisturizer formulated to create a skin barrier similar to the skin’s natural moisture barrier to protect and improve damaged skin.
Ingredients like panthenol, ceramides, and extracts from Centella Asiatica strengthen the skin barrier.
It includes many of the same ingredients as the cica serum discussed above, so I won’t repeat the ingredient descriptions.
Like the serum, it contains panthenol, ceramides, compounds from Centella Asiatica, beta-glucan, phytosphingosine, carrot root extract, beta-carotene, sunflower seed oil, plus the following:
Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica Recovery Cream: Key Ingredients
- Glycerin: A potent humectant and moisturizer that protects against irritation.
- Niacinamide: A multi-benefit skincare active that helps to strengthen the skin barrier, fade hyperpigmentation and dark spots, smooth fine lines and wrinkles and balance oil (sebum) production.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil: Macadamia oil contains the rare
palmitoleic acid, a fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter: Antioxidant rich plant butter that soothes and moisturizes the skin.
- Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil: Moisturizing plant oil rich in fatty acids.
- Formulated without 8 Additives: Synthetic pigment, artificial fragrance, triethanolamine, mineral oil, benzophenone-3, ethanol, talc, benzoic acid.
This Cica cream is SO rich and soothing. You may be able to tell by the photo that this cream is thick enough that it can be scooped out of the jar with a spatula.
Perfect for dry, dehydrated, and irritated skin, this cream feels cushiony in texture and very calming on the skin. It takes away the tight feeling after overdoing it with other actives.
This Korean cream will definitely have a spot in my skincare routine during the cold winter months.
The cream also contains flower and fruit oils, presumably for fragrance, which is a soft floral citrus scent.
Dr. Belmeur Clarifying Facial Moisturizer
Dr. Belmeur Clarifying Facial Moisturizer is a low-irritant moisturizing lotion that controls excess oil and helps maintain the skin’s natural oil and moisture balance.
Ideal for oily and acne-prone skin, this moisturizer contains ingredients like moisturizing glycerin, soothing panthenol, emollient shea butter, beta-glucan to balance moisture, Chaga mushroom extract to soothe and calm the skin, and blue citrus peel extract to control excess sebum.
It is formulated without 8 additives: parabens, synthetic pigments, mineral oil, benzophenone-3, animal-derived ingredients, propylene glycol, talc, and benzoic acid.
It is artificial fragrance-free but contains natural fragrance from tea tree leaf oil, bergamot fruit oil, rosemary leaf oil, lime oil, and eucalyptus leaf oil.
This clarifying moisturizer has a lightweight gel-lotion texture. (It feels even lighter than the Cica Serum!).
You feel an immediate rush of moisture on your skin, but it doesn’t leave your skin greasy or oily, just a natural finish.
I really love this moisturizer as it helps control oil which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Plus, it’s super gentle on my skin, unlike other acne treatment products. (I can’t use salicylic acid, as I am allergic to it.)
It has a medicinal scent due to the essential oils in the formula that goes away quickly after application. It works well with makeup and other skincare products.
Also, you get a huge 4 oz tube for a very reasonable price. This moisturizer is a winner for me.
Final Thoughts on Dr. Belmeur Skincare Products
These products from Dr. Belmeur are the perfect products for problematic skin, whether you have sensitive, dry, and irritated skin or oily and acne prone skin.
The Daily Repair line products are so soothing and the ideal gentle skincare line for dry and dehydrated skin. My favorite product that I tried was the Clarifying Facial Moisturizer.
This derma-cosmetic skincare line is unique in that the products feel like very high-end products due to the advanced formulas and even the substantial weight of the packaging.
Is Dr. Belmeur Good?
If you are wondering if Dr. Belmeur is good for acne, I think it is, as the Clarifying line targets oily skin acne and breakouts.
The Clarifying line doesn’t use harsh and irritating acne-treating actives but instead uses low-irritant ingredients to help the skin maintain an oil (sebum) and moisture balance.
Until next time, here’s to your good skin health!