I’ve heard great things about Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream, a lightweight gel-cream moisturizer, so I had to try it out for myself. The Korean moisturizer is formulated with deep seawater, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide to soothe and replenish dehydrated skin.
I’ll discuss my experience with the moisturizer and share my thoughts on the moisturizer in this Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream review.
This post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through these links will result in a commission for me at no extra cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for additional information.
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream
From the Korean skincare brand Purito comes Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream, a gel-cream that contains 60% deep ocean water.
The cream also contains a form of hyaluronic acid and 2% niacinamide, which are known for their hydrating and brightening properties, respectively.
The water cream is formulated to provide whitening and anti-aging benefits without causing any irritation.
Formulated at a pH of 6.2 +/- 1, the water cream can be used daily, both in your morning and evening skincare routines.
It’s vegan, cruelty-free, essential oil, and artificial fragrance-free.
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream Key Ingredients
The following key ingredients in Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream are listed in order of highest concentration to lowest concentration:
- Sea Water: This Purito water cream moisturizer contains 60% deep ocean water. Deep seawater is extracted from over 200 meters deep and is rich in minerals that help replenish and hydrate the skin.
- Glycerin: A humectant that helps to draw in and retain moisture, glycerin is often used in skin care products to hydrate the skin and lock in moisture.
- Niacinamide: A form of vitamin B3 that helps to soothe and brighten the skin, niacinamide is a multi-tasker that can help to improve the appearance of a variety of skin concerns. It has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, supports a healthy skin barrier, and can help improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots. Niacinamide can also help balance the skin’s oil production, making it perfect for oily skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A sodium salt of hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate acts like a sponge and helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin. Excellent for dry, parched skin, it also plumps the skin for a more youthful appearance.
- Panthenol: A form of vitamin B5, panthenol is a humectant that moisturizes the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help to soothe and protect the skin, supporting a healthy skin barrier.
- Ecklonia Cava Extract: This brown seaweed extract contains polyphenols like phlorotannins, which are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Salicornia Herbacea (Glasswort) Extract: A plant extract rich in minerals, moisturizing betaine, and amino acids that replenish the skin. Glasswort extract is an antioxidant that has skin whitening benefits, brightens the skin, and reduces uneven skin tone.
- Allantoin: A naturally-occurring compound that helps to soothe and protect skin from irritation. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and keratolytic properties that improve cell turnover.
- Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil: Macadamia oil is a light, non-greasy oil that is rich in fatty acids like palmitoleic acid and oleic acid, which can help to nourish and moisturize dry skin.
- Adenosine: Adenosine is a natural component of skin that helps to promote collagen production and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Arginine: Arginine is an amino acid that helps to improve the appearance of skin tone and texture.
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream Review
I was excited to try Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream since I love the lightweight texture of water creams on my combination skin.
The cream melts into my skin and feels very refreshing with zero greasiness or stickiness. It works well under makeup and sunscreen, too.
What I really love about this moisturizer is the inclusion of niacinamide.
Niacinamide is one of my favorite ingredients because it does a great job of brightening and balancing my skin while targeting the signs of aging, like wrinkles and fine lines.
I can see how it would be appealing to those with oiler complexions, as it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin or leave your skin too dewy.
I like the easy-to-use tube, too. It’s perfect for travel since it’s so lightweight, unlike heavy glass or plastic jars that some moisturizers come in.
And finally, it’s very affordable, as you can purchase it at drugstore prices.
Since the cream is so lightweight, it may not be moisturizing enough for those with a dry skin type.
Overall, I really liked the Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream! It’s super lightweight and provides a burst of moisture upon application.
I will continue to use it and can see myself reaching for this during the warmer weather months when I don’t want a heavy cream to weigh my skin down.
What Skin Types Should Use Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream?
This natural moisturizing cream should appeal to most skin types.
Like other water creams, this cream is ideal for those with normal, combination, or oily skin (especially dehydrated oily skin), since it has a lightweight, non-greasy texture and feel on the skin.
If you deal with breakouts or have acne-prone skin, this product could be an excellent choice, as it is lightweight and non-irritating and contains niacinamide that can help calm inflammation from blemishes and balance pore-clogging sebum.
This may work for you if you have sensitive skin, but it does contain plant extracts, so be sure to patch test before using it for the first time.
It may also appeal to those with dry skin if you like a lighter moisturizer, but it may not be rich enough for some with drier complexions.
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream Niacinamide Percentage
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream contains 2% niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3 that can improve the appearance of skin tone, texture, wrinkles and fine lines, and enlarged pores.
Related Post: Purito Pure Vitamin C Serum Review
Is Purito Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Purito is a cruelty-free brand, as they do not test on animals, nor do they sell in mainland China or other countries where animal testing is required by law. Purito donates a portion of its profits to Best Friends Animal Society.
Purito is a Korean skincare brand that was founded in 2013. Combining the word “purify” with the Korean word for “soil” yields the name Purito.
The brand is inspired by the philosophy that nature is the best skincare consultant.
Purito aims at offering earth-conscious skincare solutions.
Most of Purito’s products are vegan, and all of Purito’s products are free from parabens, ethanol, PEG, triclosan, mineral oil, silicone, petrolatum, sulfates, phthalate, oxybenzone, synthetic fragrance, and colorants.
The brand is best known for its range of high-quality, effective, and affordable skincare products. Bestsellers include Daily Go-To Sunscreen, Cica Clearing BB Cream, Centella Green Level Recovery Cream, Centella Green Level Buffet Serum, Fermented Complex 94 Boosting Essence, and Centella Unscented Serum.
Related Post: Best Korean BB Creams
Final Thoughts On Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream
Overall, I am impressed with Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream. I love the lightweight, refreshing texture and the fact that it contains niacinamide, one of my favorite skincare ingredients.
I would recommend this moisturizer to those with normal, combination, or oily skin. If you have dry skin, you may need to use a richer moisturizer in addition to this one.
Thanks for reading, and until next time, here’s to your good skin health!